Whether you use QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise option for your small, medium, or big business, the auto-save feature of the software makes it easier for you to keep all information saved correctly, taking all the backups from time to time.
However, there are instances where you delete a transaction by mistake and realize it would be needed in the future. This is where knowing the steps to recover a deleted transaction in QuickBooks becomes important.
Table of Contents
Why Deleting Files Is Required?
Sometimes, we have files in our systems that are corrupt and are unfit to be stored as they lead to the malfunctioning of the system. As a result, deleting those files becomes important even if they are required.
How to Restore the Deleted Transactions?
✔ Option 1: Using QuickBooks Recovery Tool
- Download the tool
- Install the same
- Scan your hard drive from where you are planning to delete the files
- Run Quick Scan
- Go for Deep Scan to get a list of files deleted files
- Select the QuickBooks files into the software you are using
- Click on either Restore heading or Recover, whatever option you get
✔ Option 2: For Ledger Transactions
- Go to Reports menu
- Select Accountant and Taxes
- Choose Voided/Deleted Transactions detail
- Get the date when the transaction was deleted
- Re-enter the transaction for the date
- This is only valid for the transactions that are posted to the ledger. Thus, the sales orders and purchase orders detail couldn’t be handled following the above steps.
- Also, take care that you don’t restore your backup copy by overwriting the live data file.
- In case you are viewing an existing transaction and you make changes by mistake, you can undo it by clicking on the Revert button to retain the original version. Remember, revert is not used to get back the lost or deleted transactions. It only undoes your last changes.
✔ Option 3: Using Backup Files
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu
- Scroll down and select the Open or Restore Company option
- Choose restore a backup copy key
- Click Next
- The users get a question if they want to choose to restore the files online or through a local area
- If you choose to restore files using an external drive, select the local backup key
- Click Next
- Browse to the location you want to save the restored file
- Choose This Location
- Click OK
- Double-click the file
- Again. Click OK
- Choose Save all your backup files to fix a location to store all restored file over there
- Click OK
- Open the file and verify the data to check if the deleted transactions are finally included
Though the steps are quite easy to follow, if you still get stuck at any of the above steps, you can connect with the QuickBooks experts immediately on for instant technical help and assistance.