Nowadays, technical issues are a common part of every software including QuickBooks. You also might receive an error while using QuickBooks. Sometimes you can get the error “QuickBooks has stopped working” with problem event name: BEX. This error can happen anytime with any operating system. BEX error also disturbs other MS applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. This article helps you to understand the basic things of QuickBooks BEX Error, possible reasons, and methods to get it resolved.
What Is QuickBooks BEX Error?
BEX means Buffer Overflow Exception it happens when the application tries to save the information for a memory block more than its space. When this Error comes a message comes on the screen “ QuickBooks has stopped working”. BEX error crashes QuickBooks you have to either check for the Online solution or quit the QuickBooks.
Reasons For The “ QuickBooks Has Stopped Working BEX “ Issue
To let this error happens many causes are behind this error and some of them are given below :
- QuickBooks outdated application
- Damaged or outdated Window Operating system’s files
- Corrupt or damaged hard drive could also lead to QuickBooks BEX Error
- Any damaged Microsoft .NET framework & Visual Basic C++
- QuickBooks installation is damaged or it has been done partially
- Company file exceeds the company limit
- Any third party prohibiting QuickBooks processes
- When QBWUSER.INI file gets damaged
Now going to the part of the solution helps you to get the methods to solve his error. However, there are some things that you need to consider before continuing to troubleshooting methods. Let’s, check what are these things.
Things To Consider Before Following Resolutions Methods For Fix QuickBooks BEX Error
- Need to check the company file name. It should not be more than 35 characters. If it is, make it to max 35 characters.
- Make sure that you don’t have QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or any earlier versions as it doesn’t support Windows 10.
- Make QuickBooks free from anti-virus or any malware if you have any
- You can reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install tool, as it solves many of the problems of QuickBooks installation.
- If still, you are not able to resolve it, then you need to check your hard drive once, and need to change whatever the cause is.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks BEX Error
Method 1 – Steps To Use The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
There are some windows components such as C++, .NET Framework, MSXML which need the smooth installation of QB applications. Damaging any of these results damaging QuickBooks corrupted. QB Install diagnostic helps to tool repair damage and solve the BEX. The steps are given below.
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Now, save the file on your desktop and close all the running applications on your computer.
- Click the software to run it
- Wait for some time until the tool completes its work and remove the installation error
- Once done, restart your computer
Method 2 – Steps To Repair QuickBooks User File
Check if your QuickBooks files get damaged. You can simply rename the same by following the below steps.
- Open QuickBooks file manager >>> go to C:\Users\[user name]\App Data\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Get QBWUSER.ini file and right click it
- Rename the file and at the end of the file, name add.OLD
- Finally open QuickBooks and check if the error has gone
Method 3 – Update Your Windows Operating System
- If still you are able to not resolve the QuickBooks BEX error, you need to update your Windows Operating System.
Still struggling to get rectify the QB BEX error, feel free to dial and get connected with the QuickBooks team. QB Team is available 24*7 to assist you with the prompt response for any QuickBooks issues. QB executives are polite and professional, additionally, they are having many years of experience in the same field. You can also email at [email protected] or live chat with the QuickBooks technicians.