QuickBooks is one of most popular accounting software used by small and medium sized business houses to keep track of financial position of organization. With the help of this accounting software, one can get rid of paperwork and obtain error free results. While using the software, there are cases where one needs to convert QuickBooks Desktop for Mac file to a QuickBooks Desktops for windows or convert your Windows file to Mac file. This process is termed as round tripping, as QuickBooks file will go from Mac to windows PC and then come back again to your Mac. This process is done due to difference in types of database each program uses.
Table of Contents
Important Points to be Considered when Converting Mac to Windows and Windows to Mac
- QuickBooks Desktop data file for Mac and Windows should of same year and same version ( if one is using QuickBooks data file for Mac 2018, one must use QuickBooks data file for Windows 2018).
- Some of data will not be converted due to lack of some of features in QuickBooks file for Mac as compared to QuickBooks file for Windows.
- One should not process payroll in the QuickBooks data file for Windows, as one may lose data when file is converted back to QuickBooks file for Mac, due to absence of internal payroll.
- One should not enter any data while QuickBooks data file for Mac is being converted , otherwise one need to re-enter the data when the data file is received
- Once backup for Windows is created , QuickBooks data file for Mac should not be updated.
- One will need an administrator password to complete roundtrip process.
In case one needs additional support one can get in touch with our Accountinghub QuickBooks Enterprise Support helpdesk.
How to Convert File from Mac to Windows?
- Update QuickBooks Desktop data file for Windows to the latest release. First steps involves to open data file or company file in QuickBooks file for Mac.
- Choose the option File , then select (Backup to QuickBooks for Windows) Choose the name for data file and location for the file and then click on the option “Save”.
- On the “Apply Password” window, enter a password for the file, which one will require to open the file in QuickBooks for windows. If password protected file is not required, leave the option blank and click on option “Ok” to continue to convert QuickBooks file from Mac to Window. This will start converting the data file.
- After the backup file is created , you need to click on the option “show file” in the finder to locate the.qbb data file on your computer. Along with this QuickBooks will also create an Instructional PDF file in the same location where .qbb file has been created with the same name.
- Now one need to send both the .qbb file and the Instructional PDF file to the Windows user through CD, FTP website , flash drive USB drive or secure transfer service.
- In case of restoring backup for QuickBooks for Windows, go to File menu, then select option (Open or Restore Company ). One need to follow the instruction as appearing on the screen to restore the backup copy.
- Choose option “Restore a backup copy (.qbb)”, then click on option “Next”. Select option “Local backup ” and then click again on “Next”. When system prompts for update file for new version, click on option “Yes”.
- Review the file and make any necessary changes if required .
How to Convert File from Windows to Mac
- Update QuickBooks Desktop data file for Windows to the latest release.
- Re-sort the lists and rebuild and verify company file data.
- Open the data file in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows .
- Choose the option “File” from the menu , then select option “Utilities” , choose option “Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac”. Now you need to save the file as qbb backup file in desired location.
- Now one need to send the qbb file to the Mac user through DVD , USB drive, FTP website , flash drive, idisk or secure transfer service.
- To restore the data file using QuickBooks Desktop data file for Mac, choose the option “File” from the menu, select option “Open Company” or browse to locate the file you want to restore . Now select the .qbb file and click Open. Enter the name and location for restored file and click on “Save”
If case there is any problem related to conversion from (Mac to Windows or Windows to Mac ), it is wise to approach the Accountinghub QuickBooks Online Support experts.
QuickBooks Technical Helpline
Hope the above information will be fruitful to help you convert a QuickBooks file from Mac to Windows and Windows to Mac as all the details about conversion has been furnished.
If you need any further information related to QuickBooks products and services, please contact our QuickBooks Technical Product support experts for instant support .Call Now Quickbooks Support Phone Number 1 844 313 4856.