This article shows how budget can be created and removed/deleted in QuickBooks.
Creating Budget in QuickBooks
- First, users must check that the Fiscal Year has been set correctly because budgets are begun in the first month of a financial year. Users must select the gear button for checking the Fiscal Year setting and then select the Account and Settings link.
- Next, users must select the Advanced tab and then select the Accounting section. Then, choose the First Month Of The Fiscal Year setting and make any corrections if needed. Now, select Save, followed by Done if any changes are made.
- For creating the budget, users must click on the gear icon, followed by clicking the Budget link. Then, users must click on the Add Budget button on the page that appears for creating a new budget.
- Next, in the New Budget window, a name must be entered for the budget in the Name section. Now, users must select the fiscal year of the budget from the Fiscal Year drop-down menu.
- Then, choose the time periods in the budget from the Interval drop-down menu. If any actual data is available for pre-filling the budget, users must choose the year form which the actual data has to be used from the ‘Pre-fill Data?’ drop-down menu. For subdividing the budget, users must make a choice from the Subdivide By drop down menu.
For more details or advanced steps, get in touch with our AccountingHub QuickBooks tech support experts as they will be with you at each step of the whole process to guide you accurately. They are available 24*7 and our QuickBooks experts are highly trained.
Deleting Budget in QuickBooks Desktop
For deleting a budget, users must do the following:
- Users must go to the Company menu and choose Planning & Budgeting. Next, users must select Set Up Budgets.
- Then, users must select the budget to be deleted from the Budget drop-down list.
- Users can also specify the Class or Customer Job, if required.
- Next, in the Edit menu, users must select Delete Budget and then select Yes.
For further information on creating and deleting budgets in QuickBooks, users can call the AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline . The AccountingHun QuickBooks helpdesk can provide assistance on any QB-related issue round the clock.