Have you lately installed QuickBooks and are not much well-versed with all the attributes of the software? One of the most common processes that many users do not know how to reverse is the cancellation a direct deposit paycheck already sent in QuickBooks. Through this article, we will talk through in detail what all the end users have to do to revoke or stop a direct deposit paycheck.
Well, if you want to end the proceedings of a Direct Deposit paycheck that you sent to accounting software, be mindful of the following aspects:
- The minute the Direct Deposit has deposited for ACH proceedings, the bookkeeping software cannot stop the Direct Deposit.
- Deposit time for ACH proceedings of your Direct Deposit transpires at precisely 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, 2 working days prior to the paycheck date.
If you need quick resolution to stop a direct deposit paycheck and someone who can do this with precision – you can connect with accountinghub.co QuickBooks experts over the call.
To Verify the Status of the Payroll:
- Select ‘Employees’ option from the top menu bar and after that goes to My Payroll Service. Next, click on the Account/Billing Information option.
- Log in using your QuickBooks Account.
- Press on View Payroll Activity which you will find in the direct deposit section.
- Now, you have to enter your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Lastly, try to search the payroll broadcast with the check that has to be stopped.
To Revoke the Paycheck
Important note: Make sure you carry out this action before 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, and 2 banking days before the paycheck date.
Your accounting software application validation report will not display whether you were able to prolifically revoke the Direct Deposit. Though in the matters to send screen, rather than saying REVISED paychecks, it will now say ANNULLED paychecks and the aggregate number of the cancelled checks.
Step for Cancel or Stop a Direct Deposit Paycheck
- Try to find the ‘Employees’ option and then go to ‘Edit’ or Void Paychecks option which you can get on the top menu bar
- When you see the Edit/Void Paychecks on your computer screen, modify both the Show paychecks right from dates to the present date of the check, and click on Tab button.
- Select the check in the request, and then press on Cancel or Void option.
- In the pop-up window, you need to click on ‘Yes’ option and after that select the Void option
- Once you reach a decision, click on checkbox referring that you agree to the terms and conditions of paycheck cancellation.
- You need to replicate the preceding steps as essential to take into account all checks that have to be cancelled.
- As soon as the check(s) have been cancelled, just exit the Edit/Void Paychecks window.
- Yet again click on ‘Employees’ option on the top menu bar and select Send Payroll Data.
- Select the ‘Send ‘option. Now, you will notice there is no direct deposit check available that needs to be sent. The main reason to carry out this step is to let QuickBooks Desktop link with the server to let it be informed about the fact that a modification has been done in the check and it will be soon erased from direct deposit.
- Lastly, make sure that the paycheck has been cancelled by verifying the bank register that you use to pay your employees. Even the memorandum will display the revision has been carried out in the check(s). The memorandum will state: “cancelled/annulled paycheck Payroll Service Assets Retrieved.” On the payroll dues check, the memorandum will state “Adjusted for annulled/cancelled paychecks.” No validation report will be sent for cancelled paychecks.
If the annulled Direct Deposit doesn’t appear in the Direct Payroll Data window:
Important note: The given below steps only work provided you have not made any changes in the paycheck other than annulling it.
- You need to look for the annulled paycheck in the request.
- Obliterate the info that is there in the Memo tab.
- Now, you need to click on ‘Save’ tab and close the window.
- Click again on the paycheck to open it.
- After this, right click and select Annulled Paycheck.
- Press on the Save option and close the opened window
- The cancelled paycheck will now appear in the Direct Payroll Data window.
Are you still not able to cancel a Direct Deposit paycheck? Get in touch with our AccountingHub QuickBooks tech support team and get instant assistance. Dial toll-free and get the requisite job accomplished by our QuickBooks experts at our toll-free number +1844-313-4856.