This article provides solutions to QuickBooks payroll error 30159. Error 30159 is related to QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription. It occurs when users try to validate the account.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- The Windows system files are damaged.
- Programs and hardware have been deleted incompletely or improperly
- There’s been a malware attack
- Entries in the Windows system files have been deleted or corrupted
- Windows system files are misconfigured
- The following Windows OS are affected by this error: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Symptoms of the error
- The computer crashes frequently
- The system slows down
- The error is displayed on the screen
Solutions Step for Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- After logging in as administrator choose All Programs and then choose Accessories. Next, select System Tools, followed by choosing System Restore.
- Now, choose Go To The New Window. Here choose Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time option and then select Next. Then, users must select the required system restore point from the list titled ‘On This List, Click A Restore Point’.
- Once done select Next.
- Then, select Next again in the Confirmation window.
- Once the restore process has been completed, the computer must be restarted.
- First, the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 repair utility must be downloaded and installed in the computer. Then, users must select Scan to start the scanning process. Once the scanning is completed, choose the Fix Errors button.
- Then, the computer must be restarted.
The Disk Cleanup must be run.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- First, users must press the Windows Start button and then type “command” in the search box.
- Next, while keeping the Ctrl and Shift pressed down, the Enter key must be pressed. This will open a permission dialog box, where users must select Yes.
- This will open a black box/window with a blinking cursor. This is the command line/prompt window. Here users must type “cleanmgr” and press Enter.
- Consequently, Disk Cleanup will calculate the amount of disk space that’s occupied. The Disk Cleanup dialog box will be displayed with check boxes that users must select.
- In certain cases, Temporary Files will be see to occupy a major portion of the disk space.
- For cleaning the different categories, users must select their checkboxes and then select OK.
The System Restore must be run.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- First, users must select the Start button and then type “system restore” in the search box and press Enter. Next, users must select System Restore and provide the admin passwords.
- Then, users must follow the steps mentioned in the Wizard for selecting a restore point. After this is done, the computer must be restarted.
- EIN must be added to the company file.
- First, users must log in to QuickBooks.
- Next, in the menu, users must go to Employees ->Select Payroll. Then, users must select Use My Existing Payroll Service. This will open the Account Maintenance window.
- Here users must select Add File.
- Next, users must choose the radio button that’ next to Add To Subscription Number +1844-313-4856 Accountant.
- If this option isn’t visible, or the radio button has been disabled, it means that users already have an active EIN for the company.
- Once this is done, users must select Next.
- Then, all the given information must be reviewed.
- Then, users must choose Return to QuickBooks.
The above steps should be enough to solve the error. But if the error persists or users need more information, they should call our trained AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team on +1844-313-4856.