“QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -78 generally comes up when user tries to open a company file.
The issue creates problem and causes inconvenience to the QuickBooks users.
Here are following reasons due to which Error Code –6000, -78 occurs. To identify it in detail, you can call our QuickBooks Technical Expert on our Toll-Free Number 1 844 313 4856
- The company/data file does not locate in the network or local drive. The user may find it in the external drive.
- When QuickBooks uses mapped drive to open the company/data file.
- In the multi-user mode, firewall security or Antivirus blocks connectivity with the QuickBooks.
- Navigation path or folder permission – Incorrect (Navigation path is where your company/data file can be located)
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000,-78
Here is the list of some of the technically advanced Resolution Methods. Follow the instruction as they are mentioned, failing which might solve the error.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor and Run it.
- In your browser, search for QuickBooks File Doctor. It is a tool provided by Intuit.
- Run file doctor and wait for some time to get issue resolved. It may take some time.
- Rename .TLG and .ND files
- Search for the folder that has QuickBooks Data/Company file.
- Search for the files that have common file names.
- These files must have been with the extensions like .TLGand .ND.
- Select “Rename” and right click on the file.
- Make sure you don’t rephrase file extension “old.” It is a postfix to the file extension.
- Now, press “Enter.”
If the error still persists in your software or some other error has occurred in your system, move to the third resolution method. You can also connect with our team via Live Chat Support.
- Don’t use mapped drive. Instead use UNC patch file.
- Start your Computer.
- From your keyboard, press and hold CTRL key and then right-click on QuickBooks Icon.
- Click on “Run as Administrator.” Press and hold CTRL key to open your company/data file in your system.
- Open “File” menu.
- Select “Open or Restore Company.”
- Select “Open a Company” and then select “Next”
- In the left-hand side of your screen, open network and go to the company’s file location.
- Then, select and open the company file.
- Identify the corrupt folder to recreate it.
- Navigate to the C:\ drive and then make a new folder.
- Identify the folder with Company/Data file.
- Find the file with extension: .qbw
- Now, to copy the file, open it.
- Paste the file into the new folder that you just created in the C:\ Drive.
- Set folder permission.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks from the new location.
Our QuickBooks Technical Support contains complete authenticity. We have various connectivity channels through which you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team or you can find all information from our website www.accountinghub.co.