When you are unable to send email from QuickBooks, it could be due to several reasons such as – QuickBooks is functioning as administrator, incomplete QuickBooks installation, incomplete Outlook installation or a damaged MAPI32.dll file. It could also be because you didn’t set your email preferences correctly. This problem arises also if you leave your Outlook open while trying to send an email through QuickBooks. It is always a good idea to check if your email is functioning well from other MS Office applications like Word or Excel.
In order to make sure that your QuickBooks doesn’t continue to function in administrator mode you need to follow a few steps – Select Properties on QuickBooks and then select Compatibility; next, when you come across the option, ‘Run this program as Administrator’, Deselect it and click OK.
Table of Contents
Difficulties in QuickBooks Outlook Integration
You might find that Outlook is not working on your QuickBooks application but is working fine on some other applications. It might not appear in the preferences for email set up in QuickBooks. In such a situation you could try and install Outlook’s desktop version and inform QuickBooks customer care about it; they will do the necessary linking.
Step to Fix QuickBooks is Unable to Send Email to Outlook
- Open your QuickBooks account and choose ‘Edit’, followed by ‘Preferences’ and ‘Send Forms’.
- On the ‘My Preferences’ option, choose ‘Send email’ after selecting your preferred option and then click OK.
- After your preferred option has been set correctly, choose ‘Edit’, followed by ‘Preferences’ and ‘Send Forms’.
- Follow this up by choosing the ‘My Preferences’ option, and the ‘QuickBooks email’ option and then click OK.
- Next, go to ‘Edit’, ‘Preferences’ and then go to Outlook Express and click OK.
- After this, you must close QuickBooks and restart Windows and QuickBooks before you try to send any email.
Difficulties in QuickBooks Gmail Integration
QuickBooks offers several options for email integration when you want to use it for your business. These are, QuickBooks own email, Outlook Express and Web Mail, e.g. Gmail. It is not always possible to integrate Gmail with your QuickBooks account and it becomes difficult to work through it although the Web Mail option is generally quite effective.
Ways to Set up Gmail Preference in QuickBooks
- Select your ‘email Method’ message and then open the ‘Setup my email now’ option
- Next, choose the ‘Send Forms’ option, which is on the left hand side of the ‘Preferences’ window
- After that, select the ‘My Preferences’ option and Click on ‘Add’
- There are two options in your ‘Add email Info’ window – ‘Enter your Gmail address’ in the field for email address; and ‘Select Gmail’ in the drop-down list of the email provider. Thereafter, click OK.
- You can also set your Gmail account as default in the email address field and then click OK
- Before trying to send an email close QuickBooks and restart Windows and QuickBooks
Other Unusual Integration Challenges
People sometimes complain about difficulties in integrating unusual combinations like QuickBooks 2018 and Outlook 2010. The error message could read “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again”. In such a situation, you may try many other approaches like uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks or change the email preference a number of times on multiple systems and still, not be able to sort out the problem.
In this case, you could try repairing your MS Office 2010 suite. Follow these steps to get the MS repair wizard into action – Go to ‘Start’, then ‘Settings’, followed by ‘Apps’, then ‘Apps & Features’ and then to ‘Microsoft Office’. Thereafter, Select it and click ‘Change’. If this doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall your MS Office 2010 including the latest service packs and updates.
If you want to make any inquiry and need further assistance from QuickBooks Pro Support, then contact our QuickBooks technical support team on the toll free number 1844-313-4856. They are third-party consultancy who provide QuickBooks assistance worldwide. These QuickBooks Enterprise Support team experts are highly trained and knowledgeable. To contact them, You can get in touch with them at any point of time as they provide 24*7 customer assistance. The toll free number to reach them is 1844-313-4856.