As you all know that QuickBooks is an important software that is used by various small scale and medium scale industries. While working on QuickBooks, you may face some errors and one among them is QuickBooks Error 15270. QuickBooks Error 15270 appears when a payroll update is getting downloaded.
It could also occur when the QuickBooks is getting updated. The error message that you will receive will be:
QuickBooks Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
- Turn off the UAC first:
- Windows 7:
- Firstly, click on Windows Start button and then select the Control Panel
- Then click on View from the arrow of drop down and then select the Large icons
- After that click on User Accounts
- Then click on the Change User Account Settings
- Then take the slider to the Never Notify and after that click on OK
- Click on the Window’s Start button first and after that click on Control Panel
- Then if the Classic View is not selected already then go to the window’s left side
- After that click twice on the User Accounts
- Then click the Turn User Account Control on or off
- Get the User Account Control (UAC) cleared, in order to protect your computer and after that click on OK
- Restart the computer
- Then by restarting the QuickBooks get your company file opened
Steps if the QuickBooks Error 15270 doesn’t Get Resolved
- Verify whether the Payroll membership/subscription is active or not.
- Then go to the Standard/Basic or Enhanced Payroll: Then click on Employees and then to My Payroll Service and after that to Account Info/Preferences or Account/Billing Information. After that login to your Account to check your QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance and then validate the subscription status, whether it is active or not.
- For the Assisted Payroll: Click on Employees and then on My Payroll Service after that Info/Preferences or Account/Billing Information. As soon as the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance gets opened, close the display in order to perform the update along with the re-validation of the payroll service.
- Make sure that the Internet Explorer is your default browser, if not then open Internet Options menu and then select Programs tab. Then under the Default Web Browser select the Make Default button
- Now for the moment turn off the User Account Controls and shut off the User Account Controls in Windows Vista, 7 and 8
- Then find the paysub.ini file and remake it or delete it
- And in the last perform the Clean install of the QuickBooks in the Selective Startup
Steps for Updating the QuickBooks from the Help Menu
- First of all click on Help menu present at the top
- Then select the Update QuickBooks
- Click the Options tab from the centre
- Then click on Mark All in order to get the QuickBooks update downloaded automatically
- Click on Save
- After that go to the tab of Update Now
- Then go to the checkbox and in Reset Update box put a check-mark
- Once you receive the pop-up saying Download Completed, click on Close
- Then Close the QuickBooks and then re-open it to check
Symptoms and Signs of QuickBooks Error 15270
- When the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270 will appear it will crash your active window program
- Your system wil oftenl start shutting down with Error 15270 whenever the same program is run
- Whenever the QuickBooks are open you will receive the Error Code 15270 message
- Windows will run very slowly and response to the keyboard or mouse will be very sluggish
Contact AccountingHub for Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
We hope the steps mentioned and the solutions provided will help you in resolving the Error 15270. If these steps didn’t help you in solving the issue then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Online Technical Support team. QuickBooks customer support team is always ready to help you. You can directly get in touch with the QuickBooks tech support team for any kind of QuickBooks Product Help.