QuickBooks Error Code 83- It happens when you converting the company data file of QuickBooks over a network from a previous version.
Now you are aware of the reason why this error happens so do check it out. There are other reasons as well that are mentioned below. Solutions to resolve the Error Code 83 of QuickBooks are mentioned that you need to opt according to the reason of the problem. Various resolutions are mentioned below and are given by the QuickBooks support team. The team is well-qualified, educated, professional, expert and have experience over 26 years of experience. Do follow the process to get it resolved easily.
Table of Contents
Caused of QuickBooks Error 83
- Access permission to the folder or files is not granted.
- The file extension is not correct.
- Insufficient permission to the Windows user.
- The files of QuickBooks are blocked by the firewall you have in Windows system.
- Maybe more than a one user tries to access it at the same time.
- Few files may not be available.
- Shared folder or file is damaged.
- Converting the file of company data from one version to another.
You May Also Read : QuickBooks Error 6154
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 83
Uninstall and Re-install the QuickBooks
- Go to the start menu
- In the menu, search for the QuickBooks Error 83 associated program in the Programs and features
- Select the Associated QuickBooks entry
- Then click on the top menu option named Uninstall/Change
- Now follow the instructions display on your screen to uninstall the program.
- After the successful uninstallation. Process reinstall the QuickBooks software in your system completely without any interruption.
Do System Restoration
- For system restore, go to the start menu
- Then type the system restore in the search box and then press the enter key
- You get the results, in it click on the system restore
- Now follow the steps in the Wizard shown to you to choose a restore point
- In the end, restore your system.
Run the disk Clean-up
- Go to the menu Start and search the command in the search box
- Do not press the enter button. Do press the Ctrl+Shift key and then hit the Enter Key along with these keys
- Now a permission box pop up in this, click on the Yes button
- After that a black box open
- In this, type the “cleanmgr” and then click on the Enter button
- Now Disk Cleanup is started to calculate the disk space in the system
- A box pop-up to let you select the options. So select the temporary files in most of the options
- Also, check the boxes of categories you want to clean in your system.
You May Also Read : Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
These are the solutions that you can do according to the cause. Still, you are facing the issues or having other queries contact the support team to get the instant solution and information. Reach out the QuickBooks Customer Support Phone number that is toll-free. The team is glad to help you and never give you the wrong solution.