QuickBooks is one of the renowned accounting solutions introduced to give better assistance for Bookkeeping and accounting operations. However, the fact is software is prone to specific errors that users face while operating it. There can be different types of errors that might create a barrier. QuickBooks Error Code 15106 is one of such issues. It indicates the damage to the update program. It usually occurs when installing the latest update of the QuickBooks. Let’s delve into the article to know about the possibilities of the cause of the issue and troubleshooting guide on QuickBooks Error code 15106.
Description of QuickBooks Error 15106
Before starting troubleshooting, it is good to learn what this issue is all about. This type of issue is probable to occur when QuickBooks users use payroll and try to update it. This error interrupts the update, thus known as QuickBooks payroll update error. There might be plenty of reasons associated with this irritating update error 15106.
Why QuickBooks Error 15106 is Happening?
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Software
- The malware or virus might be a cause behind this issue.
- Presence of spy sweeper in the web-root antivirus software
- Sometime it may cause when user sign in without having admin rights.
Easy Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106
Here is the list of solutions you have to try to rectify the error quickly:
Solution One: Ensure you are log-in through an Administrator mode in the system:
Follow the instructions:
- Press the Windows +R button of your keyboard
- It will display the Run Box.
- Enter Control Panel into the box and then hit the enter key
- Now locate User Accounts.
- Verify your name displaying on the right corner of the Users Account Window
- It will display you, administrator, under your name if you are logged in as administrator mode.
Solution Second: Disable User Account Control (UAC):
- Open the Run box as done in the previous solution.
- Enter Control Panel in the Box and then Hit on OK
- Locate System and Security
- Click on Security and Maintenance
- Discover Security, and Choose User Account Control
- Hit on Change Settings
- Now move the slider with the mouse to click on Never Notify.
- Hit on OK button
- If UAC prompt, then choose the Yes button
Solution Third: Pause the Antivirus Application & rename folders:
Follow the below steps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc altogether from the Keyboard
- It will display the Task Manager.
- Now locate Processes option, and then search for [ANTIVIRUS].exe. For instance, Spy Sweeper.exe
- If you receive an error message, then uninstall the antivirus software from your system.
- Rename QuickBooks Update folder:
- Press windows key+E from the keyboard
- It will display the File Explorer window.
- After this locate C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Now do a right-click on the downloadqbXX folder.
- Choose Rename; here, XX stands for the QuickBooks version’s year.
- Insert .old to the end of the name
Solution Fourth- Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks:
- Firstly take the backup of the company file, QuickBooks products, and other important data like license info.
- Now uninstall and re-install the QuickBooks software.
Are you seeking for further Assistance?
Hopefully, the above article containing troubleshooting guidance to fix QuickBooks Error 15106 becomes a helping hand for you. If the problem persists, then without any hesitation, call QuickBooks Technical Support phone number . The hub of technocrats is there for you to address all your problems. If you are seeking professional assistance instantly, then do a live chat. Moreover, you can drop an email with the questions.