While you try to access the company file, it may happen that you are unable to or denied access to it, and you encounter QuickBooks error 6177. This error mostly occurs when the file that is located on the server computer cannot be accessed locally. In this article, we will be discussing some of the best resolution steps that you can take in order to fix this error if encountered.
Table of Contents
Why does QuickBooks Error 6177 occur?
QuickBooks Error 6177 may be caused due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks Desktop has used a different path to access the company file
- QuickBooks File is contaminated with Virus/malware
- When the installation is incomplete or corrupted
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Error 6177
Here are some steps recommended by experts and professionals to fix QuickBooks error code 6177. If you have any problem following the errors, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks technical support team. We are here to offer world-class support to our customers.
One of the easiest ways to fix QuickBooks error 6177 is to download the QuickBooks File Doctor and run the tool. This tool will automatically detect the issue and fix it for you.
- Move the company files to the local computer and attempt to access into it. If you get the error when opening the company file then seek for a transferable company file.
- Try to update the QuickBooks software with the latest update release
- If not configured, add the Windows firewall ports since in QuickBooks it is necessary to keep few ports open
- Ensure the hosting is turned off if it is set in the client’s computer
- Create a folder then attempt to access the company data file in that location
- Attempt to access the file after moving the folder into the local computer
- The folder that contains the company file needs to have full access over the server computer
- The server containing QuickBooks files also needs to have access over the folder
- The first step you need to take is to remove the .nd file from the company file that is stored in QuickBooks desktop
- Configure the QuickBooks Database Manager. This will scan through the company file.
- Check on the access permission of the company file in the Windows.
- If the whole application is on the server attempt the following steps.
- Switch the hosting on and off
- Log into the company file through the local path
- Create a folder and copy the company file and paste it in the created folder
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop again and attempt to open the company file that is stored in the newly created folder
- Attempt to access the company file that has the error message.
Our QuickBooks technical support team is available 24/7 at your service. Hence, if you require any additional information or you are not successful in fixing the error follow the given steps, then kindly reach out for our QuickBooks Software Support Team. Our professionals are available via Live Chat Support too. You can call us at or send an email to email@example.com for any assistance.