Sage 50 is one of the most preferred business management software that is operated by all the startups and small to mid-sized enterprises of all sectors.
The software is incorporated with rich features and tools that make the accounting process a breeze. The user-friendly interface of the software embraces the non-technical users to manage the software with great ease. However, the Sage program encounters errors like other software. When the user tries to register the data source or register expression library, the program restricts them from doing so. This issue should be resolved as soon as possible for the smooth functioning of the software.
Why Sage user Unable to Register Data Source and Unable to Register Expression Library?
Let’s have a look at the Error Messages that pops up on the desktop screen while working on Sage.
The error shows up after the error message:
- Expression Library not registered.
- Data Source not registered.
In Sage 50, the “Unable to Register Data source” error message typically occurs if there are damaged Sage 50 installation files in your system. The issue can also arise if the regional setting on your computer is set incorrectly.
Causes of the Error Unable to Register Data Source and Unable to Register Expression Library
This error occurs in multiple circumstances:
The problem mentioned above occurs because of the improper or wrong regional settings configured in your system. Ensure that English (United Kingdom) is chosen to configure the regional settings of your computer.
If this error message is encountered by the Sage 50 Accounts v23.2 users, it is suggested that the users should run the CCleaner Registry Cleaner.
- Press the Windows key + R then enter intl.cpl -> click OK.
- Regional and Language configuration window crops up.
- Go to the drop down in Formats drop-down option -> then click English (United Kingdom).
- Hit the Location option -> click the Current location drop-down and click United Kingdom then click OK.
There is a probability that the issue is resolved. In case the issue crops up again click on Next.
How to Repair Install Sage 50 Damaged Installation Files
- First, Insert Sage Accounts CD and click on Install.
- Now, double click on the downloaded installation file.
- Next, click on “Repair” when prompted.
- Once the repair install has finished, verify if the issue is resolved.
Steps for Fix Sage 50 Accounts “Unable to Register Data Source” Error
If your regional settings are wrongly aligned, you may get the errors mentioned above.
Make sure that you set Regional Language to English (UK)
- First, Use the keyboard, long-press the Windows key, and press R.
- Then, The Run Command will open.
- Next, type intl.cpl and then select OK.
- Now, the Language and Regional Window will open.
- Select the Drop-down format and then choose English (UK)
- Now, select the Location tab and then select drop-down of the Current Location click on OK.
Steps to Fix Unable to Register Data Source and Unable to Register Expression Library
Total Time: 5 minutes
To repair this Unable to Register Data Source and Unable to Register Expression Library error, you need to install the upgrade to the latest version of Sage 50 accounting software with Windows 8 configuration with the following steps mentioned below:
🔶 First of all, go to the “Help” menu and mark your click on the Program details to create a program note directory.
🔶 Then, Go ahead and select “update” from the drop-down preferences.
🔶 Then, install the upgraded version on your system.
🔶 After that, backup files will pop-up on your window.
🔶 Then follow on-screen instructions and accept all the terms & conditions.
🔶 Now, go ahead and locate the directory path matches.
To fix this error, you need to repair all damaged installation with the following process mentioned below:
🔶 First of all, you need to go to the control panel and mark your click on programs.
🔶 Then, select features and programs from the drop-down choices.
🔶 Then, go ahead and turn on window features and choose.net 3.5 version.
🔶 Now, open your Sage account and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Accountinghub.co is a reliable Sage support agency that houses a strong support team. This team is competent and holds in-depth product knowledge, which quickly resolves the error in a short span of time. You can connect with our team by dialing the toll-free Sage Help Desk and fetch immediate support.