Any error in the very initial stage of installation can hamper the work process.
If you’ve ever come across TurboTax 2008 error code 65535, you will understand the feeling of being stuck at the very beginning of software installation process. This is the error that appears only in the beginning phase of installing TurboTax on your system. The 65535 error message reads “Unexpected Error” and restricts you from proceeding forward with the process of the installation.
There are several methods that can help you to solve this issue. However, you need to understand which one of them suits you based on your system requirements.
Table of Contents
Few Tips to Try First
Many users are found jumping to a professional fixing of the errors caused while installing the software applications. They do not even bother to know the real cause of any error. It is to be noted that before adopting the fixing methods for TurboTax Error code 65535, you should try the following tips to resolve the same at first:
- Look if you have closed the error message
- Try to run the installer once again
- Restart your computer
- Run the installation wizard again
- Disable the antivirus on your system, if any
- Disable firewall tools prior to trying the installation
- Install the update manually, if any
- Check if you are authorized (as an administrator) to run the installation file. If not, you can:
- Right-click on the file
- Choose Run as administrator option
Also Know About : Fix TurboTax 1099 DIV Error
Fixing Methods of TurboTax 2008 Error Code 65535
In case the TurboTax 2008 error code 65535 does not get resolved by the above-mentioned tips, you can use the following based on the operating system that you use.
For Windows 10
- Go to the taskbar. Right-click it and choose Task Manager
- In the process tab, search for Intuit update service
- End Process
- Go to Details tab and search for exe
- Now end all the tasks running
- Install TurboTax again
For Windows 8
- Go to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and right-click the taskbar
- Select Task Manager
- If you don’t find any tabs there, choose More details
- Go to Services At this stage, ensure the status next to msiserver is not Running
- In case the msiserver is in the Running state, it means your Windows is already installing something.
- Make sure no other application is getting installed and the msiserver status is Stopped while you try to install TurboTax
For Windows XP
- Log in to your system with Administrator rights
- Disable your online backup or security software temporarily
- Install TurboTax or update it
- Enable the backup or security software again
For Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Go to the TurboTax icon
- Right-click the same
- Select Run as administrator
If all of the above-mentioned tips to resolve the TurboTax 2008 error code 65535 fail, try to download the Fix-it tool from TurboTax. This will surely help you to get rid of this error.
In case you are having trouble in solving the “Unexpected error“, directly call us for help on the 1844-313-4856. It becomes our responsibility to assist you in any trouble that you may face while installing or executing software programs or applications.
We provide best possible TurboTax technical support to users and consumers who trust us for their technical and software requirements. If you need our assistance at any stage of the usage of TurboTax software, remember we are always there to help and support you. You can directly reach us at 1844-313-4856.