QuickBooks Error Series H101, H202, H303, or H505 usually occurs the company file when user tries to open or access the company file (s) having location on some other system.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error Code H101, H202, H303, or H505
- When user tries to access or open the company file that has it’s location on some other computer and the server is not able to reach to that computer.
- It may also pop-up when server computer and the hosting computer are unable to communication with each other.
Step QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, or H505
- QuickBooks Error Code H101, H303, or QB Error H505 usually occurs the company file when user tries to open or access the company file (s) having location on some other system. Your software may also require additional software installation and setup of the software.
Real Cause of the Errors:
When server and the company file are unable to communicate with each other
Here is the list of several scenarios due to which your software faces problem.
- Incorrect Configuration Hosting Settings or DNS Settings.
- When Firewall Settings blocks QuickBooks to access or open Company file. Incoming or outgoing communication is also blocked.
- Damaged, destroyed or incorrect configuration of .ND file that doesn’t allow QuickBooks to company file in network.
- Host computer’s IP Address or other IP Address is unable to be found out by QuickBooks DBSM
- QBCF /QuickBooksDBXX type QuickBooks services not yet started.
Resolution methods H101, H202, H303, or H505
Method #1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the Internet and run the program. QuickBooks File Doctor automatically detects multi-user or H-series errors and clears the errors. If the error still remains in your software, move to the next solution method.
Solution 2: Verify Services and Hosting
To Check QuickBooks Hosting, follow these steps
- Open QuickBooks on workstations and then go to file and then utilities
- Now, open multi-user access that hosts file and then verify whether your system holds company file or not.
- Follow the same step on all the workstation. Remember not to change any other settings of your computer.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Now, close the file window and then click on yes.
To check the service, follow the steps
- Make sure that QBCFMonitorand QuickBooksDBXX Service are running.
- Select Windows Button.
- Open Run dialogue box by clicking Windows Key + R.
- Now, enter MSC from keyboard and then press Enter.
- Now, scroll down on the window to check whether QuickBooksDBXX service is available or not.
- If you don’t find QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- By using QB DBSM on your system, make sure that it is installed on your system.
- If you have run full program on server, check that the hosting is enabled on QuickBooks or not.
- Find QuickBooksDBXXand thendouble click on it to confirm the startup and whether the service has started or not.
- Now, select Recovery
- Now, click on restart button, this will restart your system and QuickBooksDB service will automatically start in case it fails to start in the starting. Do the same on other workstations.
- Save all the changes that you have made.
- Follow the above mentioned steps for QBCFMonitor Service also.
- Now, use multi-user mode to open QuickBooks on all Systems.
Method #2: Create new folder and give it access of the company file by sharing it.
- Create new folder in the hosting system. Set permission criteria to set the company file.
- Check .qbw file and copy it to the new folder.
- Use multi-user mode to open the company file.