In the situation for how to upgrade from the QuickBooks 2016 to 2019, you have to know about it. the older version is no more available and you are going to face many issues because of using a too much older version. Many of your glitches got resolved by just upgrading your software. When you are looking for an upgrade or update of your QuickBooks desktop version then you have to follow the process. The process is mentioned below that you have to follow step by step and update it in a smooth manner.
The solution is provided by the team who is here 24/7 to help you out as they are experts in resolving all the problems.
Your QuickBooks Desktop Version can either be
- QuickBooks Pro,
- QuickBooks Premier
- Or QuickBooks Enterprise
Table of Contents
Steps for Upgrade from QuickBooks 2016 to 2019
Step #1: Install the latest version of QuickBooks and activate it.
- You are required to find the new version of QuickBooks Installer. You can get it from the Download and Update Page through our website.
- It will show you the installation guide. Follow all the steps one-by-one and then activate your QuickBooks.
Point to be noted: You will be asked to enter the product number and the license number that you might have got on your Email Address.
If you feel you are facing any problem while activating QuickBooks, connect with us via our Official Contact Number accountinghub.co
Step #2: Start your QuickBooks File Update Process:
- Check the location of your QuickBooks File and then press F2. A File Information pop-up will appear to give you the exact location of the file.
- If you access your QB file using server location, take it in your system’s drive and then update. Updating the file this way is a faster and error-free approach. Once you are done with the update, you can restore it to your server.
- It is mandatory to avoid data issues at the time or even after the file conversion. To do so, you need to run the rebuild tool.
Step #3: Time to update your QB company file:
It is mandatory to update your QuickBooks file to the latest version before you use it. Once the update completes, you won’t be able to open the previous version. When you start running the update or upgrade process, QB will ask you to run the backup process first. Follow the on-screen instruction to do so.
- All the users, log-out of the QuickBooks Company files.
- Now, go to the file menu and then click on Open & Restore Company.
- Click on Open a Company File or restore the backup and then click on Next.
Point to be noted: To open the copy of the backup, select it from the local system.
- Now, select the company file and then select Open.
- Use company administrator credential to log-in to your QuickBooks account. Company files can only be updated with the company admin
- Click on the backup now to proceed the backup process.
Point to be noted: you can easily change the location of the backup file. Say, you can change the default location to save the backup.
- Click on the Done option when the company file update process completes.
In conclusion, you have to implement the solution properly that helps you upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2019 and you also have to upgrade your company file too. In case of any other problem or queries, you can reach the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team. The team has many years of experience in handling all the problems, issues, and errors by providing you the best assistance.
FAQs Related for Upgrade from QuickBooks 2016 to 2019
1. What are some things that you have to do before starting the upgrade process?
The various things that you have to prepare and must know to do before upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop account. The things are as follows:-
a. You have to take the backup of your company file before starting the upgrade
b. Collect all the information before starting upgrades like license number and product number.
2. Is it important to update the company file also?
Yes, it is important. If you won’t update the company file so when you open it in your upgraded QuickBooks Desktop then it causes you issues and won’t open in your software. You have to upgrade it and then open it in your upgraded version.
3. Why do I need to upgrade my QuickBooks Desktop software?
The upgrade process done for QuickBooks software helps you in resolving many of the errors and issues that you are facing in your account. This also provides you many new features and benefits that grow your business faster and make your working more easy and convenient. If you are using an older version then upgrade your QuickBooks account to the latest version.
4. Does the upgrade of QuickBooks 2016 to 2019 effects the subscription cost?
No, it won’t add any extra cost to your account as you only upgrade the version not the edition. In case you have no active subscription or it ends then you have to buy the subscription.