Are you aware of the QuickBooks settings and how many of them are available in QuickBooks Online? If you are using online QuickBooks app then you may not be able to find the tab of company setting in app. Make sure if you are looking for the company settings then you are not looking for it in app. Administrator can access the tab of Company Settings under account and settings.
Table of Contents
Steps to Update QuickBooks Company Settings are Mentioned Below
- Go to the home screen and then to company settings and choose the gear menu and then click on the tab of company settings present below the column heading
- If you want to make changes in the contact information then click on settings navigator and then company bar, present in sub-menu. Then click on the icon of pencil so that you can edit the contact info present in sub-menu detail, from here you can make changes in company information
- Customer address could also be added to it, so that clients can contact you or can send you the payments. In order to have detailed information of this field, click on the question mark and then click on the save option before you proceed further
- For editing the sales settings, click on the option of sales bar present on pencil icon from the sub-menu of ‘sales from content’. You can customise or edit the messages in message section, which you want to send to the customers
- To make the changes in expenses Settings, go to the settings navigator and select the expenses option, to edit click on the sub-menu if ‘bille and expenses’
- For editing or changing the payment settings, go to the top menu and click on settings navigator, then to edit the payment settings select payment tab
- For changing the sales form, an advanced tab is there, which will allow you to adjust the settings. To check the automation settings, go to automation sub-menu and right click on it. Automation of bill payments could also be done and you can also do lots of things with customer’s invoices
- Once all the settings are done and you are satisfied with the changes, click save.
QuickBooks Setting up the Email Services in QuickBooks Desktop
For Outlook: Create an email profile in Outlook, first of all. In case you have one already, then proceed towards the next step. Gather information like how the setting up of Outlook 2003 and 2007 is done as your client. Get the setting of Outlook done in QuickBooks.
For WebMail: In order to get connected with the secure webmail, first of all go the Edit menu of QuickBooks, choose the preferences and click on send forms. Select the webmail and click on add. Now from the option of drop down, select the service provider and type the email address. Don’t forget to check mark the Use Enhanced Security and then click on OK. If asked then login to your account. Username and email could differ with the one, you use to get connected to QuickBooks. A login page of webmail service provider will appear, login to it through your access.
Connecting with the regular webmail: Go to the Edit menu of QuickBooks and choose the preferences and then click on the send forms. Select webmail and after that click on add. Choose OK, after filling add email information. After doing it, click on OK.