It may happen, that your current QuickBooks version is not meeting your business needs or not the best fit for your company and you are looking for ways to downgrade the QuickBooks version. If this is your decision, it is better to go ahead and follow the steps in the below writeup to implement it.
For your information purpose, you should know that downgrading the QuickBooks version will remove all the discounts that you have availed of in the current version or plan.
Table of Contents
Steps to Downgrade the QuickBooks Version for your Business
First of all, you will have to select the QuickBooks plan that fits your business needs more appropriately than the previous one.
Step 1. Now after you have chosen the best fit QuickBooks version for your business you can go ahead and turn off some features as given below:
Pausing of recurring transactions
You can pause the recurring transaction by following the below steps:
- First of all, click on settings (QuickBooks gear icon) > recurring transactions.
- In the next step, click on one of the templates and then click on the edit dropdown.
- Lastly, click on pause more than once to confirm.
Removing of extra users
You may have to remove some extra users if your downgraded version supports fewer users.
Turning off the inventory
For turning off the inventory, first of all, you need to save your financial reports for which you need to follow the below steps:
- Click on reports > search and open product/ service list > customize > Filter dropdown.
- In the next step, in the deleted dropdown, choose all and click on Run report.
- Now print or export the report.
Also Read : How to Downgrade your QuickBooks Online Plan
Now for deactivating the inventory you need to follow the below steps:
- Click on setting (gear icon) > product and services > filter dropdown > status dropdown > choose all.
- In the next step click on the type dropdown and choose non-inventory and click on apply.
- The above step will help in hiding the non-inventory items that you will keep.
- Now select all the inventory items in the list, click on the batch action dropdown and choose “Make inactive”. After that, you need to click on “Yes”.
Some earlier versions of QuickBooks do not support the tracking of the inventory. Similarly, some versions do not support multicurrency features or third-party apps.
Step 2. For downgrading the QuickBooks version, you need to follow below steps:
- First of all, click on settings (gear icon) and then Accounts and settings.
- Now click on billing and subscription and verify your payment info. It should be up to date.
- Now choose downgrade your plan and select the QuickBooks version you decided on earlier.
- You should always review what will change with the new plan, after reviewing all the changes, click on continue, and then submit.
- In the last step, review the billing details, click on the change plan, and finally click on Done.