Why does Sage 50 Unable to open the company file Issue?
- The error “Unable to open the company file or Couldn’t open company file” usually occurs at the end of conversion process
- When user opens a sample company.
- At the bottom of doc, the conversion process says SAJ folder defines “‘simply.tnxtpids’ doesn’t exist”
- Any Sage 50 2018 file converted shows an “unknown error has occurred…”
What are the Causes Cannot Update Open Company File in Sage 50?
- Improper or wrong installation of Sage 50.
- Missing or blocked necessary component.
How Can It Be Resolved Cannot Update Open Company File in Sage 50
Solution No. 1: Disable Real-Time Scanners or Antivirus of your computer.
- Disable the antivirus. If your software has more than one security software/antivirus, uninstall all the software until it is left to one.
- Now, disable it.
- If Microsoft Security Essential is installed onto your computer (or you have any other anti-virus), do the following:
- Disable auto protection and real-time protection.
- McAfee should have firewall or real-time scanner.
- Turn Real-time Scanner or firewall off. If 2017 to 2018 conversion is available, McAfee will block it.
- If your computer is using any auto backup software to backup company data file, disable it.
- Now, find out windows Event Viewer logs.
- Note: Here, you may get MySQL warning message. The message is related to IPv6.
- To run it as an administrator, double click on it.
- Now, initiate the conversion once again.
- Once, the conversion finishes, enable anti-virus or security software.
Solution 2: Check Check-log of Advanced Database
- Click on Maintenance –> In the Sage 50 pervious version, go to Advanced Database.
- Now, go to Windows Explorer
- Here, follow the path as it is mentioned: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ My Documents\Simply\DbVerifier\Logs
- Open the log file of the latest number.
- Go to the end of the file.
- You will see the file tnxtpids, if it doesn’t exist, then follow solution No.1.
- Now, attempt the conversion once again.
Our Assistance to Guide You
Our Sage Assistance is available right from our website https://www.accountinghub.co/ to other connectivity issues. We have uploaded and made available all the solution methods and information on our website after complete research and development. This is to make our information credible and authentic. You can scroll and find all information from our website. Else, get in touch with our connectivity channels. Call us on our all-time available Sage 50 Techncial Support 1 844 313 4856, connect with us via Live Sage 50 Chat Support or send us email on our official email address. Through any of the mode, our team is easily approachable and will revert to all your queries in no time with all handy information and solution measures that you may need to get all your errors and issues eradicated from your software.