QuickBooks is termed to be the most crucial as well as complex accounting application widely used by small business house which helps the organizations to manage their money, make payments to employees and clear clients bills. Due to complexity in nature, QuickBooks application may encounter problems which has dire consequences, but can be easily fixed without any delay if one understands how to fix & resolve at earliest. Below we have mentioned few steps to troubleshoot multi-user issues in QuickBooks for Mac which one may experience while trying to share company file for Mac system users.
Step to Fix Multi User Issues in QuickBooks for Mac
Step#1 : Check the server of QuickBooks and if the company file is shared for multi-use.
- First of all go to option “Go” and then click on “Applications”.
- Now double click on QuickBooks Server.app icon to start sharing.
- Sharing of the file is required when :
- When file showing “Not shared”, select the file to be shared and click on option start sharing.
- If the file to be shared is not showing , click on “+ (plus)” icon to add the file to be shared.
Step#2 : One need to check for Mac OS Fireball setting.
- One need to click on Apple menu and select the option “System preference”. Then go to “Security & Privacy” icon and click to open it
- Go to next option “Fireball” button and click on “Fireball option” to check the status. If the button is in gray colour , click on lock icon to unlock the option on the left hand side.
- Now one need to check and verify whether QuickBooks server app is set to “Allow Incoming connection”.
Step#3: Check whether file sharing permissions is set correctly on host
In case one wants to know the advanced steps, one can get in touch with our Accountinghub QuickBooks technical helpdesk.
Step#4: Check whether Bonjour Service is working on all computers
- Bonjour service require following ports (56565 TCP, 5297 TCP, 5298 TCP/UDP, and 5353 UDP ) to open file.
Step#5: Check and test the network configuration
- One need to unplug Ethernet cable and reboot if the host computer has both QuickBooks and QuickBooks server installed on it.
- After rebooting , one should enable multi-user mode by opening QuickBooks. If it enables successfully then there can be problem with network hardware providing network access.
- It’s often observed hardware interferes acting as barrier between QuickBooks and QuickBooks server communication.
Step#6: Need to setup peer-to-peer direct connection
- Two computers can be connected with single Ethernet cable. Plug each end of cable into computer with single Ethernet port.
For further steps and if there is any problem related to fixing multi-user issues, it is wise to approach the Accountinghub QuickBooks Technical support experts to resume work.
QuickBooks Technical Helpdesk Services
If you need any further information related to QuickBooks products and services, please contact our QuickBooks Technical support experts for instant support . Call Now 1 844 313 4856 for any further assistance for 24×7 service.