This article discusses the QuickBooks error 12029 and how it can be fixed. QB error 12029 generally occurs during an update of QuickBooks or one of the payroll services of the software.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12029
The error occurs due to one of the following issues:
- There are problems with the Internet connection
- The SSL settings are wrong
- The connection is being interrupted by the anti-virus or firewall settings
- QuickBooks can’t access the server due timeout in the network
- Internet Explorer hasn’t been set as the default browser
Step for Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029
Users must first choose ‘Help’, followed by ‘Internet Connection Setup’. Next, they must choose“Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet”. Following this, they must choose“Next”, and then “Done”.
Once this is done, users must attempt to update QuickBooks again. For QuickBooks 2008 and later versions, users must choose“Hel”’->“Update QuickBooks” and then choose the “Update Now” tab. For 2006 and earlier versions of QuickBooks, users must choose“File”->“Update QuickBooks”, followed by choosing the “Update Now” tab.
First, the “Update Now” tab must be chosen. Next, users must mark the “Reset Update” checkbox and then choose the “Get update”’ button. If users are unable to update QuickBooks, the following must be done:
- First, the internet connection must be checked.
- Next, the anti-virus and firewall settings must be configured by checking the configuration applications for both.
- If these steps didn’t help, users must start Windows in ‘Safe Mode’ and retry the download.
- First, users must exit QuickBooks. Then, after opening Internet Explorer users should choose“Tools”. Next, the“Internet Options” must be chosen, followed by the “Security” tab. Then, users must choose the globe icon at the top and see if the security settings for this zone have been set to“Medium-High”.
- Now, users must choose the ‘Content’ tab and find out if the content advisor button has been set to“Enable” mode. Then, this button must be clicked and if it says “Disable”, the password must be provided, and the content advisordisabled.
- Once this is done, the “Connections” tab must be chosen. First, “Never Dial a Connection” must be chosen. If the dial-up node (DUN) can’t be seen, it must be checked if the correct ISP has been chosen. If DUN can be seen, then choose OK.
- Next, the ‘LAN Settings’ button that’sfound at the bottom of the tab must be chosen and it must also be checked that the ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ checkbox has been selected. Following this, users must deselect the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box .
- Users must record the complete address and port in case the“Use a Proxy Server” box is ticked. If the port is not 80, “Use a Proxy Server” shouldn’t be unchecked.
- Once this is done, in the ‘LAN Settings’ screen, choose OK.
- Following this, the ‘Advanced’ tab must be chosen. First, users have to choose the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ button.
- Then, under ‘Settings’, the“Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” options must be chosen, and it must also be verified if the “Use TLS 1.0” option has been chosen.
- At the same time, it must also be checked that the other two options aren’t chosen.
- Once this is done, the ‘Internet Options’ window must be closed by Choosing OK. After exiting Internet Explorer, the computer must be restarted.
- Then QuickBooks must be reopened, and users must retry updating the software.
QuickBooks Technical Support
If the error isn’t fixed despite trying the above solutions, users must contact our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this QuickBooks Support tollfree number +1844-313-4856. The AccountingHub QuickBooks Chat helpdesk can help fix this issue as well as any other QuickBooks-related problems.