The QuickBooks Error 10060 belongs to the QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) software. It happens to you when you are trying to pay using the debit or credit cards. If there is no active connection then it leads you to the error code 10060. So take care that there is the proper high-speed internet access and the connection is working properly.
So here are all the solutions and causes. You have to know the cause and then implement the solution to fix it out. After that, you can easily process the payment.
What are the causes that trigger QuickBooks Error 10060?
The causes that trigger the error code 10060 into your QuickBooks account are listed here. So, it is easy for you to identify the reason that causes you the error. The list is as follows:-
- The connection is block by the software security
- There are issues in the Socket connection
- EFT server problems
- Internet connection is not good.
What are the solution methods that fix the QuickBooks Error 10060?
All the top solutions are mentioned here with a step by step process. Now, you can easily implement it and fix the problem after getting to know the reason for it.
Method 1- When new data file is created:
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Then click on the file menu option
- After that, select the option company file
- You have to select the New button to create the new company file
- Now mention its name as the Test
- After that mention the identity to the New data file
- Then click on the Edit menu option
- From drop-down menu, select the option Preferences
- It opens up the window of Preferences on your screen
- Select the Company and opens up the Merchant Service
- Fill the details that are required
- Then click on the Save button to save all the changes
- In the Tools menu, select the User information option
- Open the POS then try to process the card again to check for error.
Method 2- Use your system instead of many workstations, in which the credit card is processing:
- In QuickBooks Desktop account
- Go to the Edit menu option
- Further, select the Preferences option
- Choose the company
- After that, you have to select the setup of communication
- Select the checkbox “Use this system for all credit card and debit card transactions”
- Now, click on the Save button to save all the changes
- Then close this window after all the settings
- After this, reopen your QuickBooks Point of Sale account
- Go to the Tools menu
- From drop-down menu options
- Select the User Information
- Check and then verify that WS-EFT is under the workstation
- If it is then proceed towards the card.
Method 3- When the network connection is blocked by the Security software:
- To fix this, you have to disable the security software or applications you have
- After disabling it, now do the transaction
- Then if the error won’t exist you have resolved it.
Method 4- The socket is not connected:
- In this, check the socket connection
- Verify it that it is connected properly
- Also, the wires of socket are properly tightened
- If the wires are loosen up then tighten them
- Now do check for the error.
In the above article, you get all the information that the main reason is the server problem. Also, you get the solution to fix QuickBooks Error 10060 into your account. If you get any other problem or have queries while fixing it then get in touch with the QuickBooks helpdesk professionals. They know how to fix all your glitches in less time to save our time and cost. You can connect with professionals via QuickBooks live chat, email, and toll-free number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is QuickBooks Error 10060 won’t happen in any other product of QuickBooks than QuickBooks POS?
Ans. Yes, as this error is related to the transaction or payment done by users that happen in the QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) system. So due to the unstable connection it happens in this. That’s why it won’t happen in any other product of QuickBooks.
Q2. If the QuickBooks error 10060 happens on my Windows 7 operating system then what to do?
Ans. In this case, you have to find the reason and follow the solutions. All the solutions work with all the Windows operating systems; such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating system.
Q3. Can I update my QuickBooks point of Sale software to fix QuickBooks error 10060?
Ans. Yes, you can update your QuickBooks Point of Sale software and then check for the error. If error won’t happen again while doing payment then the error is resolved. But if error happens then try all the solutions given to resolve the problem.