In this article, we would discuss with you one of the common error that QuickBooks user encounter with i.e. QuickBooks error 1618. The article aims to provide you with detail information and guide on how to deal with the error. So, read the content carefully so that you are well aware of the symptoms and causes of the error and you can also effectively resolve the error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1618
- Error 1618 message appears on the Window.
- The PC often crashes
- Windows start to runs slowly and sluggishly
- The computer occasionally stops for a few seconds
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1618
- If Quicken software installation is incomplete or corrupted.
- Windows registry may be corrupted.
- If Windows system files or QuickBooks-related files are infected due to Malware or Virus attack.
- Another Quicken-related program file is mistakenly or maliciously deleted.
QuickBooks Error 1618 can occur because of varieties of reasons. Hence, it is important that each possible cause is solved to prevent the error from recurring again. You can follow the steps given below to resolve the error.
Option 1: Download and start QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- When you get the error message, search for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and download it.
- Once the file is downloaded, save it to the desktop.
- Double click on the file in order to run the tool.
- The tool will identify the error, and automatically apply the fixes.
Option 2: Manually resolve the issue
Solution 1: Verify for any MSIEXEC.EXE instances in the background
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on the keyboard and then select Task Manager.
- Open Processes
- Select the Image Name column and reset the list in alphabetical order.
- Go down through the list and if find any processes named EXE, select those processes and click on the End Process button.
- Shut down Task Manager Window and restart it again.
In case you are uncomfortable to end the process, then you can reboot the computer and perform the above steps to see whether there is any MSIEXEC.EXE running in the background as rebooting the computer generally stops this process.
Solution 2: Reinstall Microsoft Runtime Libraries
These steps focus on the Windows operating system, which is not the product of Intuit. So if you want to take the steps it is recommended that you consult with the Windows expert or computer manufacturer when you find difficulty while performing the steps.
- Attempt to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package:
- If your computer is of 32 bit, go to Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x86) and download it.
- If your computer is of 64 bit, go to Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x64) and download it.
- Save the downloaded package to an easy-to-find location on the computer
- When the package is successfully downloaded, double-click on it and rename it as exe or vcredist_X86.exe then follow instructions provided onscreen.
- Once the steps are completed restart the computer and attempt to install QuickBooks Desktop.
To know more about QuickBooks error 1618, feel free to call us on our QuickBooks Technical Support Number or send an e-mail at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach via QuickBooks Live Chat Support available on our website.