QuickBooks Error Code 6175 occurs when QuickBooks attempts to access the company file. You can eliminate this error by following the troubleshooting steps given below. If you are having trouble in following the steps or the error persists even after taking these steps, you have to contact Accountinghub tech support team.
The QuickBooks Error Code 6175 can appear when you attempt to host multi-user access for the company data file in the QuickBooks Desktop application. It is important to understand the causes of this error, to successfully resolve it.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 6175
- When QuickBooks Desktop becomes ineffective to start/stop Database Server Manager.
- Content blockers or technical issue.
- The Database Server Manager used to host the company files in multi-user mode.
- The System generates an error during the communication process.
- The server hosting file cannot perform another task.
- Firewall software.
- Busy status of the server.
- QuickBooks becomes incompetent to start up the database server.
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Error 6175
We have discussed all the possible solution steps below to fix this error. Perform the steps accordingly to fix your error effectively. The steps are as follows:
Solution 1: Use the Re-image Repair Tool to scan the Computer
- First download and save the Re-image Repair Tool to the Desktop.
- Now open the User Account Control to run the program.
- Click on Yes. A Welcome Screen will be displayed.
- Unmarked the checkbox to enable the repair tool to perform an automatic scan
- Click on Install in order to start the installation process.
- Now the Re image tool will be installed automatically on the computer.
Note: A good Internet connection is needed at this point.
- Once the installation is completed, the Re-image tool starts scanning your system. It will then present you the areas in which your PC is damaged and repair it if necessary.
- Next, click on the Start Repair button.
- After the repair is completed the system should be fixed.
- You have to restart the computer in order to complete the process.
Solution 2: Set the Hosting on Server Computer
- On the Server log into QuickBooks.
- View File menu then click on Utilities.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access.
- Click on Yes on the access Window when prompted and perform the same in the following Window.
- Go through the information in the setup window and click on OK.
- If necessary, the Multi-User Mode can be switched in the File Menu.
Solution 4: Switch the QuickBooks DBXX service to the Local System Account
- Click on the Start button.
- Type in “MSC” in the Search Bar and hit Enter.
- Right-click the QuickBooks DBXX service.
- View Properties then click on the Log On tab.
- Select the radio button then click next.
- Click on Apply, and then click on OK.
- Now, switch again to Multi-User.
QuickBooks Technical Support Team
We have provided all the information related to troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6175. If you want more guidance in performing these steps, reach out to our Accountinghub QuickBooks tech support team via:
- Phone number
- Email address – [email protected]
- Live Chat Support available on the Website.