QuickBooks Error H505 is one of the common error code reported by the users and is identified as multiple user host configuration problem and falls under the category of technical errors.
This QuickBooks error H505 occurs when the user attempts accessing his organizational files through another system that does not hosts any configuration for QuickBooks installation. Finally QuickBooks error H505 occurs and hinders the work process of the user.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error H505
- The firewall of your system might have blocked the access to other computers which you want to access
- QuickBooks software was not able to obtain the IP address of the computer which it wants to access
- .ND file is corrupt
- The configuration setting for hosting is incorrect
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Total Time: 5 minutes
I – Firewall Settings
🔷 Go to the “Control Panel” of your computer
🔷 Look for “Firewall Settings” and select the option ” Allow a Program through Firewall”
🔷 Next, to add QuickBooks to the exception list select the option Add Programs Add QuickBooks
🔷 To ensure that the changes made are applied reboot your machine
II – Host Setting for QuickBooks
🔷 To analyze the hosting settings start the QuickBooks application on the configured multi-user computers
🔷 Turn off hosting by Select File Utilities Stop Hosting Multi User Configuration
🔷 Turn the file hosting on one machine by selecting File Utilities Host Multi User Configuration. Do this step for both the multi user configured machine
🔷 Once the hosting settings are updated on both the machines, reboot your machines.
III – Change the location of QuickBooks Folder
🔷 Create a “Shared” folder on the host computer and give it permission to access all the company files
🔷 In case, if you are not able to access file server for QuickBooks you need the assistance from an your IT Administrator
🔷 After you got the access to the server files copy the file “.QBW” to a New Folder
Now open all your companies files in “Multi-User” mode
If you want to make any enquiry or you are not satisfied with the solution and need further assistance from QuickBooks technical support, then contact QuickBooks support number. They are third-party consultancy who provides QuickBooks assistance worldwide. To contact them, call on their QuickBooks customer support toll-free number . You can get in touch with them at any point of time as they provide 24*7 customer assistance.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. Is it possible to fix QuickBooks 50 Error H505 by creating a new company file folder?
Ans : Make a new Company File Folder:
▪ Create a “Replacement folder” on the hosting machine first. To share the company files, share the original folder and Windows access permissions.
▪ If you don’t have access to a computer, contact a knowledgeable IT professional.
▪ Copy the.qbw file in multi-user mode to the new location.
The Company file can now be opened.
Q 2. How to Authenticate Quickbooks Services
▪To begin, open the RUN box by pressing Windows Key R.
▪ Enter MSC and press Enter.
▪ Then, in the Windows search bar, type Services.msc
▪ In the services window, scroll down and look for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
▪ Then, double-click the QuickBooksDBXX service option and confirm that the startup type is set to Automatic and that Repair Standing is running or started.
▪ Select the Recovery option.
▪ If you notice a failure, you can restart QuickBooksDBXX service manually. Repeat for the second and any future failures.
▪ To save your changes, click OK.
▪ Repeat steps 1-6 for the QBCFMonitorService.
▪ On each affected digital computer, launch QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Note: If the situation persists, create a QuickBooksDBXX service that belongs to the administrator cluster and has appropriate permissions.
Q 3. What should you do if you receive an error message, “The QuickbooksDBXX service on Local Computer could not be started because Windows could not find it.” Error 1079: This service’s account is different from the accounts used by other services in the same process.
Ans : If you receive the mesQuickBooksabove, take the following steps:
▪ Select Browser from the Log On tab.
▪ Click on Check Names after entering your computer’s name in the “Enter the object name to select” field.
▪ Now, when prompted, click OK and enter the administrator password.
▪ Then click Ok to close the window.
▪ Return to the properties of QuickbooksDBXX and select Start.
▪ Make sure the service is up and running by closing all the windows.