The Sage 50 is an accounting software which was developed by the Sage Group. It was formerly known as the Sage Peachtree. The sage 50 software is easy to use desktop accounting software which is usually used by the small and medium size business. It helps you with all your accounting and financial work so that you can invest more and more time in making strategies for the growth of your company.
Along with the bill payments and the cash flow management. It also has many tools which will make your work easier but there are few events where a user can have some query or want to make some inquiry regarding the software. There may be some other occasions like you have encountered some error while working on the Sage 50 software like Error 0057 rel 2013.2. In that you can try to resolve the error or without wasting any time you can call on the customer support toll free number .
What is Sage Error 0057 Rel 2013.2
The Sage Error 0057 Rel 2013.2 is occurred when a user is trying to open a company file or while printing the reports or accessing the files. This error can lead closing of the program or stopping the work of the programs. The error messages which a user receives is:
Error: “Sage 50 Accounting 2013 [0057-rel\2013.2] has stopped working”.
This error can be encountered by Sage 50 different versions. After this error, the program crashes.
Possible causes of Sage 50 Error 0057 rel 2013.2
There are many possible factors that could lead to this Sage 50 error. Below are few list of causes:
► .NET may have an issue, Install or reinstall .NET 4.5.1
► SideBySide error
► Ntdll error “Program doesn’t open when opening a file or using the program icon”
► There might be some application issue
► Corrupt or damage WMI
► If specific DLL gets corrupted
► Blue screen of death error
► Unexpected software issue in your device driver
► Printer issue
Quick approaches to fix Sage 50 Error 0057 rel 2013.2
As discussed above this kind of error is usually caused because of some unexpected issue in the application or damage or corrupt files which may hamper the program functioning, and many more. Based on such causes, we will explore some approaches which help you in quick and easy resolutions of the error.
Approach 1: Try to run the Connection Manager Service using the Control Panel
- First, open your Windows Control Panel
- Next, change the View by: to Large icons and Small icons which is at the top right corner of the window
- Now, select the Administrative Tools >>> Services
- After that, locate the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and then click on the same
- Verify whether the Startup Type column is on Disabled, Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start)
- In case, if it is on Disabled:
- Do a right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager to select the “Properties”
- Go to the General tab and change the Startup type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start)
- Click on the Apply and Start to begin the service
- And now try to open the database.
In case, if it is on Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start) but the Service Status is “Starting” (as opposed to start):
- Make sure that Sage 50 must be closed
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys altogether to access the Task Manager and then click “Processes”
- After that, click on the button called “Show processes from all users”
- End all related Sage 50 processes, especially the “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager” (If you are unable to end the process, try rebooting the computer to clear out the cache)
- In the Services window, right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and select Start
- Service Status should now be “Started” (or “Running”)
- Finally, try to open your Sage 50 file once again.
Approach 2: Run System File Check on the cmd prompts C:\sfc\scannow – to verify or scan any corrupt Windows system files
- Click the Windows Start button and then type cmd in the search bar
- Do a right-click on the cmd.exe to select the option “Run as an Administrator”
- Next, click “Yes” on the prompt “User Account Control (UAC) that pops up
- When the blinking cursor appear then type: SFC / scannow and then hit Enter key
- The System File Checker starts and checks the integrity of the system files.
Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- Press the Windows + X hotkey combination from the desktop
- From the menu, select the “Command Prompt (Administrator)
- Windows PowerShell (Admin) might be listed instead
- Next, you have to click “Yes” on the UAC prompts that appears
- Now, type: SFC /scannow and then hit Enter key
- Finally, the System File Checker starts and verifies the system files integrity.
Try to use a different printer to print the reports from the Sage 50 and then verify whether you’re able to print your reports or not.
Approach 4 : If the issue is occurring while a user is trying to access or print a report
- Try using a different printer to print the reports from the Sage 0 Software.
- Check whether you are able to print now.
Approach 5: Check the form, Now switch it to the Standard Form
- Select on the custom form, if there is no error.
Approach 6: (0057-rel\2013.2)
- Check for the connection managers as they may not be running.
- Now check for the Event Viewer for the possible errors.
- If there are any errors in the event viewer.
- If there are errors then they are mostly due to the environmental issues.
- Scan for any corrupt Windows system file by running the following cmd prompt “C:\sfc\scannow”.
So there are three different methods to resolve this Sage 50 error. A Sage user can try any one of them depending upon the situation. Even after trying to resolve the error, the Sage user is having queries they can contact the customer support by calling on the toll free number
What is accountinghub.co?
The accountinghub is the third party sage customer support who is available 24*7. There are few instances where the sage customer support is unable to provide you with its assistance. In that situation you can seek help from the accountinghub. They are sage certified experts who will guide you throughout your problems and help to resolve it. To connect with the accountinghub, you will have to call on its toll free number .
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is Sage 50 Error 0057 rel 2013.2?
Ans: This kind of error can be caused due to unexpected application issues when you try to open the company file or while printing the reports. You may also receive an error message stating that Sage 50 Accounting 2013 [0057 rel\rel2013.2] has stopped working. When you receive this error message, your system might crash. However, many other reasons are responsible for this error like device driver issues, printer issues, etc.
Q2. What to do if the Sage 50 Connection Manager Service Status incorrectly says that the service is running when it is not?
Ans: You can try these steps to make it correct:
Click on the Start >> Programs >> Sage 50 Accounting [Version] [LatestYear]
Next, click on the Sage 50 Connection Manager
And then hit the option “Stop Service” and then “Start Service”.
Q3. How to start the Sage 50 Connection Manager using the icon in the System tray?
Ans: 1. Go to the Sage 50 Connection Manager and double-click on it in your System tray
2. If the data is hosted on a server then perform the same steps on your server as well
3. If not found then open the Windows Explorer and move to the C:\Program Files (x86)\winsim\ConnectionManager
4. Now, double click on the Simply.SystemTrayIcon.exe file
If the status shows as “Running: No”, select Start Service
If the status shows as “Running: Yes”, select Stop Service, then Start Service
5. If the button for starting/stopping the service is missing, then do an installation repair or uninstall then reinstall Sage 50.