Printer Error not Activated Code 30 is a common error that usually occurs when users try to save a Doc or any other documents as PDF files in order to print them. When users encounter such printing issues then they may receive a message Sage 50 “Printer not Activated Error Code 30” on Windows XP or other latest versions of Operating Systems like Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7. The main reason for this error is a system unable to recognize the device on which they’re working with. But don’t worry! With this guide, you can easily fix Sage 50 printer Error not Activated Code 30.
Nevertheless, every software has certain issues and errors occasionally. Let us discuss more about one such error and the resolutions for it. One such Sage 50 error is “Printer not Activated Error Code 30”.
Related Error : Print or Invalid Printer Set Up Error in Sage 50
Printer Error Massage of Sage 50 Error Not Activated Code 20, 30, 40, 41
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated error code -30” on Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 computer
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated” when e-mailing an invoice
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated” when e-mailing a report
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated error code -41”
- Sage Cannot e-mail transactions
- Sage Cannot convert reports to PDF
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated error code -30”
- Sage Error code 40
- When attempting to e-mail or print forms and reports, displays error message
- Sage 50—U.S. Edition closes when attempting to e-mail or print forms and reports
- Sage Error: “Printer not activated error code -30”
- I can email once, then I get errors when using Outlook 2016 and/or Outlook 365
Cause Of Sage 50 Printer Error Not Activated Code 30
- In case, the User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.
- If the email program is not compatible.
- In case, the customized form is completely damaged.
- This error can also happen if the user is using the Sage 50 Email writer as a printer.
- The Sage 50 E-mail Writer can also have inaccurate settings.
- If there is Microsoft updates related installation.
- It might also be possible that the Email Writer is itself spoiled.
- Any kind of clash in Printer driver.
- Windows Profile being damaged can also be one of the reasons.
Steps to Fix Sage 50 Printer Error Not Activated Code 30
- The user account control has to be disabled.
- Then Email and analyze the error. Office 2016, Office 365, Office Starter, etc. may not be compatible.
- A suitable email program is very necessary and needs to be downloaded.
- If the customized form is damaged, follow these steps:
- The user has to email or print with a typical form or a standardized report like the Balance Sheet.
- If the error is related to the Print or Email is clicked, then check the next few steps
- Sage E-mail Writer can also be used as a default printer.
- The user needs to close Sage 50 software. Go to Start. Then go to devices and printers via the control panel. Sage Email Writer can be checked if it is not the default printer. In case it is, then the actual printer needs to changed in to the default printer. Sage Email Writer should not be chosen for printing.
- Port and Permissions for email Writer can be changed.
- In this case, close the Sage 50 software. Go to Start, then devices and printers. The user needs to right click on Sage 50 E-mail Writer. One needs to click on Printer properties. Select the security tab. Follow the further steps with the help of experts to avoid any damage to the files or system.
- Select the security tab.
- Get in touch with a Sage 50 help desk on accountinghub.co to understand the further steps and resolve the issue in a safe manner.
Alternative Methods To Fix Sage 50 Printer Error Not Activated Code 30, If The Above Don’t Resolve The Issue
Method 1: Run Both Sage And The Email Program As An Administrator
- Initially, close both Email program and Sage
- Next, perform a right-click on the Sage 50 icon to select Properties
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab and then choose the button called “Change settings for all users”
- After that, select the box “Run this program as Administrator” >> Apply >> Ok
- Again, you have to repeat the steps 2-4 for your Email program icon
- Once you’re done with that then open your Sage software also your email program
- Confirm that you’re able to email without any issue or error
- If not, move to the next method.
Important Note: In Microsoft Windows 10, Outlook or Sage may not have a Compatibility tab in the Properties section. If that is the case then you need to go to the Shortcut Tab and then click on the Advanced button. After that select Run as Administrator box followed by Ok.
Method 2: Remove The Email Writer And Run Repair On Sage
- Make sure Sage 50-U.S. Edition is completely closed.
- Verify that you are logged into Windows as Administrator.
- From the Windows Start menu, select Printers.
- Right-click the Sage 50 E-mail Writer (or Peachtree E-mail Writer v3 if you are using Sage Peachtree Release 2010-2012) and select Printer properties.
- Click the Ports tab, and then click the Add Port button.
- Select Local Port and click the New Port button.
- Enter PDF1 for the new port name and click OK. Close the Printer Ports window.
- Put a check mark in the box next to the PDF1 port if it is not already checked.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select the Spool print documents radio button to make the options below it clickable.
- Ensure the box labelled Enable advanced printing features is checked.
- Select the Print directly to printer radio button.
- Click the Apply button, and then click OK.
- You must reboot for these changes to take effect.
Change The Permissions To The Sage 50 E-mail Writer
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click on Printers & Faxes.
- Right-click Sage 50 E-mail Writer or Peachtree E-mail Writer v3 and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab. If Everyone or your username is not listed in the Group or Users Names: box, click Add.
- From the Select Users, Computers, or Groups window, click Advanced.
- In the next window, click Find Now.
- Locate and select the Everyone user and add it to the list.
- Also locate and select your user name and add it to the list.
- Check all boxes under the Allow column for all users that are listed. (Everyone, should be listed as a user name)
- Click the Ports tab.
- Click Configure.
- Increase the Transmission Retry to 240.
- Click OK.
Method 3: Fix Damaged Windows Profile
- The very first, create a new Windows User Profile on your system
- Next, you have to set up your Email account under the new created User Profile
- At last, verify by emailing under the new profile.
Method 4: Fix Damaged PTR Files In Forms Folder
- First, browse to the data path
- Perform a double-click on the Forms folder
- Remove/delete all the files with an extension .PTR.
Method 5: Completely Uninstall And Reinstall Your Sage 50 Accounting
- To start with uninstalling your Sage program
- And then try to reinstall the Sage program.
Method 6: Enable UAC (User Access Control)
Here are the steps you need to follow to switch on the UAC:
- Navigate the Search field on your system taskbar
- Write UAC in it and then press the Enter key.
- Hit on Change User Account Control Settings displaying in the search fields
- Click on any of the below buttons:
- Here’s how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10:
- To turn UAC off, you have to drag the slider down to Never notify and choose the OK option.
- To turn UAC on, you need to drag the slider up to the required level of security and then hit on OK
- Now there appears a prompt to confirm the chosen option.
- Write an administrator password.
- Reboot the system to apply the change
We hope this information covers all the possible ways to fix Sage 50 Printer Error not Activated Code 30, but sometimes you can face several issues while using or performing the aforementioned steps. If you are not able to understand any points which are covered in this guide or you are having some issues while performing the process then you can contact Sage ProAdvisors to get better assistance in the shortest turnaround time.
👉Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. How Can I Set My Actual Printer As The Default?
Ans : To set your actual printer as the default for your system, follow these steps:
💠 Go to Start > Open Control Panel
💠 Select Printer and Faxes if you have Windows XP, Hardware and Sounds if you have Windows Vista, and Devices and Printers if you have Windows 7 and above
💠 At this point, you will be able to see all the various virtual and physical printers installed on the computer
💠 Right-click the actual printer you wish to set as default and click on “Set as Default”
Q 2. I Use Windows 10 And I Don’t See A Compatibility Tab In Properties. What should I do?
Ans : In Microsoft Windows 10, Outlook or Sage may not have a Compatibility Tab in the Properties window. If this is the case,
💠 Click Advanced button in the Shortcut Tab
💠 Select Run as Administrator box
💠 Click OK