QuickBooks transferred to New Mac can be achieved by using the migrator tool already present in the accounting software. You don’t have to install or load any other program or plugin in order to migrate your QuickBooks to a new Mac. The migrator tool copies all of the files to an external drive, but encrypts the files to protect them from theft.
Once the files are copied to the external drive, you can simply transfer the files to the new system using the migrate tool. Most of the background settings will automatically be handled by the tool, so you don’t have to set up anything manually.
You do not need to worry much as we are here to help. We will show you how to Transfer QuickBooks to New Mac software smoothly to your new Mac system.
Here is How You Can Transfer QuickBooks to New Mac
2 Major Steps are Involved in the Process –
Don’t forget to save your company file before transferring it to a new computer
- An automatic Back-up is to be Scheduled
● In QuickBooks, go to preferences
● Click on Back-up
Among the given preferences, you need to choose your back up preferences
A. QuickBooks automatically backs up company file once every a 24-hour period; you can choose the frequency of a QuickBooks back up
B. Automatic backup at the close of each day. Select to have your QuickBooks files backed up every day.
C. Save backup to a different location: you can choose your preferred location to keep the backup of your company files. Ideally, you should keep the backup on a different machine/drive and save it locally.
D. You may opt to use QuickBooks to overwrite the last backup data and ensure that you have the most recent backup data only.
E. Take regular backups of your files and make sure they are encrypted before moving them to a different location.
● When you’re finished customizing your preferences, close the Backup preferences window.
● Back up manually
Backing up your company files manually is a difficult task and should not be done without help.
● On QuickBooks, check file and then choose Back Up
● Select the folder where you want your back up is to be stored
● Start Backup tab is to be selected
● QuickBooks for Mac can easily recover data to help you start again.
QuickBooks Migrator Tool Error
This free utility is available within the accounting software to help users migrate their data to a new system. Once you’ve moved the software, you can move all of the company files from your system to another.
Here’s what the migrator tool can do for you:
- To access information moved to your new machine, you’ll generate unique passcodes. Make a note of the password so you don’t forget it. This password is only required at first when but only for the migrator tool.
- The programme will save to a USB flash drive the last 3 business documents viewed (together with all accompanying data).
- The files will be moved using the Usb stick, but the Migrator Software will handle all of the technicalities.
- The utility will install the appropriate edition of QuickBooks Desktop on your new machine and sync your documents.
- Your disc will not be reformatted, and none of your remaining data will be deleted.
Step 1: Find your Company File Backups
With QuickBooks, users are able to find their company files with ease. When a backup is created, the DMG file type is created as the default.
🔷 On QuickBooks, go to Preferences
🔷 Select Backup
🔷 Next, Reveal Backup Folder is to be clicked on
🔷 You need to click twice the folder, where the backup files are stored
You’ve already got a backup file compiled. Click the Date Modified option to choose the date that you want to view it and click on Backup Now to generate another backup.
Step 2: Recover your Company’s Back up File
In order to find where your backup is located, please follow the steps below
🔷 Click twice on the backup file
🔷 You will see a window with a copy of the company file
🔷 Drag the copy to the folder where you would keep your QB company files
If you have an old backup of your company and don’t want to overwrite it, move it to another folder.
🔷 Start your QuickBooks for Mac application.
🔷 Choose Browse
🔷 You have to navigate to the folder, where the company files are saved
🔷 Select the company file
🔷 Click on Open
🔷 The prompt will appear indicating that the backup file is now open
🔷 Choose Continue
🔷 Fill a suitable name for the company’s file
🔷 Click on Save
🔷 Then Select OK
Using the Migrator Tool to Transfer QuickBooks to New Mac
The migrator tool is built into QuickBooks so that it is easy for users of this accounting software to transfer their data along with the software to a new system. So you don’t have to install any additional software or applications to transfer QuickBooks to the new mac.
Here are the steps required to transfer QUickBooks to New Mac with the Migrator Tool:
- Go to the File menu from the Home Screen.
- Select Utilities.
- Click on Move QuickBooks to another computer.
- After clicking on I’m ready, enter the password. (Note down this password, as you’ll need it to authenticate the transfer of data to the new system.)
- Instructions provided by the migrator tool will guide you through the whole process of moving your data to the external drive, so follow the steps accordingly.
- Wait for the files to be copied to the new system.
Now all your accounting data is stored on the external drive. You’ll use this external drive to transfer the data into your new system. This is where the password you entered when copying to the external drive will be required.
Here are the steps to take on the new Mac to complete the transfer of QuickBooks:
- Insert the external drive so that you can proceed with the migration process.
- Browse to the external drive using the file explorer and double click on Move_QuickBooks.bat.
- Input the authentication passcode into the migrator tool to enable migration of data to the new Mac.
- Click on Let’s go.
- When the data has been successfully migrated, you’ll be able to use QuickBooks on your new Mac.
Note:The time taken to migrate all the data from the old mac to the new one depends entirely on the speed and configuration of your devices. If the old and new mac and the external drive work fast, then the data and software will be migrated quickly.
This blog is designed to help you Transfer QuickBooks to New Mac software from your PC to your new Mac so that you can keep up with everything. If you are still experiencing any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps or if you have any more queries, our team of experts can help you out QuickBooks Live Chat.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions (FAQs)
Q 1) How Do I Update my QuickBooks Desktop Manually on a Mac?
Ans: Follow the Given Below Steps –
● Uninstall QuickBooks older version
● Download QuickBooks latest version
● Open QuickBooks and go to ‘QuickBooks Product Updates’
● Choose desktop version
● Make sure the installer is downloaded
● Drag the Desktop icon of the QuickBooks software into the Applications folder. The installation process will start.
Q 2 ) Will my Information be Lost if I Move QuickBooks to Another System?
Ans: QuickBooks stores data in separate files that are not the same as its installation directory. So when you move the software to a different system, your company file isn’t moved. You can create a portable version of the company file or transfer the entire company file to the new system. You can also create a backup file and then restore it on the other system. This will only move all the necessary accounting data. Transfer QuickBooks to New MAC But you’ll have to set up all the templates and themes in the software once again.
Q 3) Can I Set Automatic Updates in QuickBooks for Mac?
Ans: Yes, you can. The automatic updates feature, once activated, downloads the update files in the background while QuickBooks for Mac is running. When the updates are downloaded and you close Transfer QuickBooks to New MAC, you’ll be prompted to install the updates. Once you update the software, you’re all done. We recommend that you restart your system before launching the updated QuickBooks.
Q 4) How Can I Resolve QuickBooks for Mac Update Errors?
Ans: Update errors generally occur because your internet connection isn’t working or the account you’re trying to install the update from doesn’t have administrative rights. Check your internet access and get the authentication details for an administrator account to smoothly download and install updates in Transfer QuickBooks to New MAC.