QuickBooks business accounting software has become the premier business accounting software in the business market today. Despite its recognition among major business companies around the globe, QuickBooks isn’t resistant to occasional problems that need re-installation. A clean or complete un-installation is the initial and the most crucial step to take.
Steps to Uninstall QuickBooks.
Perform the steps below:
- Click on the Start Menu and select Settings
- Now click on the Control Panel
- Click on Add/Remove Programs button
- Go through the program list and locate your QuickBooks programs, if found select it.
- Click on Uninstall, Change or Remove Programs If prompt, click on OK button to uninstall your QuickBooks.
- Also, locate QuickBooks Product and Remove Programs listings and click on Uninstall, Change or Remove Programs to remove the listings. Click on OK button if prompted.
- Right-click your mouse and click on Delete on the folders:
- For Windows 2000/XP if there are no other installed Intuit products on the computer. You can rename the folders. Just right-click on the folder and select Rename.
- For Windows 7/Vista, delete the folders and replace it with that username for the account that you have been using.
- Restart the computer to confirm any alteration to the registry which occurred when uninstalling the QuickBooks.
Useful Tips for Uninstall QuickBooks
- If you are attempting “clean” uninstall only as part of QuickBooks re-installation or the system contains other related applications which you don’t want to uninstall, then copy the folder and paste it in the Program Data folder. You have to move the copied folder to another location for the moment. This will save the data file for re-installation or other applications.
- It is best to always create backup for any company file before performing QuickBooks un-installation. The information in these files can come in handy and may be essential for tax purposes or useful during the re-installation process in the future.
- Programs such as CCleaner also tends to hold features to clear other data files from the computer, that include Web browser cookies, recent document history, and more. Therefore, these programs have an additional significance that allows you to clear/clean redundant data, as a result, increase the computer’s security.
- Wise Registry, CCleaner, and JetClean Cleaner are well-reviewed clean-up utility Registry. These great tools also happen to be free.
- Tampering with the Registry files in the computer can potentially damage the computer. You need to be extremely careful when editing/altering the Registry. Always remember to back up the Registry prior to making any changes.
Following the given steps and guidelines will definitely allow you to successfully uninstall your QuickBooks. If you have any trouble while following the instruction or require extra help, contact our QuickBooks software support team. Call us at +1844-313-4856, or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your query/problem and we will definitely help you out. We provide guidelines and resolution steps for any QuickBooks problems. Our experts are also available via QuickBooks Live Chat HelpDesk.