The Sage 50 connection manager is important to install and kept it up to date on your Windows system only. The connection manager helps you to maintain and manage access to the MySQL database. It also manages the real-time changes without changes it manually. It works by updating the information automatically that makes it easily and saves your time.
The update is important as it has a vital role in the Sage software to continue your work in the flow. All the information for how to update the Sage 50 connection manager is given in this article. The connection manager also manages the controlling requests of all the third-party applications that help them to connect with your company data.
In this article, we shall be elaborating how you can easily update your Sage 50 connection manager by performing simple steps.
Important tip: Please don’t forget to keep or create a backup copy of your Sage 50 critical company data before you come to a decision to make any changes in the Sage 50 accounting software application. This is something we always recommend our readers. It always better to play safe rather than repenting later.
Also Read : How to Install Sage 50 2019 Connection Manager
Table of Contents
Steps for Download and Update Sage 50 Connection Manager
Solution I: Download the Sage 50 accounting software application:
For downloading the software application in your host machine or another user machine, you need to follow the given steps:
- Firstly, you have to sign in to your dedicated Server site.
- After this, try to download the Sage 50 accounting software application newest edition from the Sage website and just double click on the file.
- Make sure you select the right language, then click on OK button.
- Hit on the Install button to begin with the installation process.
- In case, your Firewall is active on this machine, you will be prompted to enable or disable the Windows Firewall spontaneously set to work in compliance with Sage 50 accounting software application.
- Choose the Advanced option provided your dedicated server only stocks the information file and nobody else makes use of the software application except you on the dedicated server.
- Click on Next tab to continue.
- Click on the Dedicated Server –just for the Sage 50 Accounting Software Server Modules.
- Click on the Finish tab when you find the installation process is over.
Solution II: The Complete Software Application has previously been installed on a different machine:
- Navigate to the Windows Start button, click on the Computer option.
- Click on the C:\ drive.
- Try to click twice on the Sage folder.
- Choose the Sage 50 Software Installation Files-CDN Edition (ensure you select the right edition, let’s say 2018.1)
- Take a copy of the folder and paste it on the dedicated server – either through the common drive or USB device.
- On your dedicated server, open file with extension Launch .exe
- Click on Install Sage Software.
- Choose the right language.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Yes when it comes to making changes in the firewall configuration.
- Click on Next.
- Choose one option among the two available, i.e. Typical or Advanced.
- Go with the Advanced option.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Server –just for the Sage 50 Software Server Modules.
- Let the software take its time to install.
- Click on Finish tab when the installation process gets over.
Solution III: The Sage 50 connection manager update was previously setup software on a different machine:
- Navigate to the machine where the update has already been setup.
- Go to Start button and after that click on Computer option.
- Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage App\Simply Accounting\Download.
- Try to locate the newest upgrade that was set up in your machine:
- 2017: SA_20174CPUP1.exe.
- 2018: SA_20184CPUP1.exe.
- 2019: SA_20191CPUP1.exe.
- Now, copy file and paste the same your USB stick or to the dedicated server.
- Carry out this update on the dedicated server to bring the Sage 50 connection manager up-to-date.
Solution IV: The Sage 50 connection manager update was previously set up on a different machine which has no USB Drive:
- Try to find out in the search outcome for “Sage 50 Accounting Software Application Latest Edition “.
- Otherwise, try to look for same in the Knowledge base, and check out all the “Newest Downloads”.
- Choose the “Sage 50 2018 or 2019 Software Update (Edition Number X)”.
- Hit the “Download Now” button.
- Press the “Save” button.
- After the downloading process is over, hit on the “Run” tab to install the latest update.
Above, you get to know how to update the Sage 50 connection manager in your Windows system. All the information is given by the professional team to help you out in all the glitches. In case, you are still having issues in updating it or facing any other problem or query then reach the Sage customer helpdesk team. The team is here 365 days a year to fix all your problems, issues, and queries. They are trained for this specific assistance so they know how to fix all your issues that happen in your Sage account. Connect with the team and get the glitches resolved with the best assistance.
Some FAQs for Update Sage 50 Connection Manager
1. What if I want to manually update the connection Manager on the server?
There is the update button in the Connection Manager window to update it on the server. So you can use it to do so. The steps are as follows:-
a. Go to the Start menu
b. Then Open the Sage folder
c. In Sage 50 go to the Sage 50 Connection Manager
d. A window of connection manager opens up
e. In this click on the Update button
f. Then a window pops-up showing that it is checking for updates
g. Again, a window opens up to tell that Sage 50 connection manager is up to date if there are no recent updates available
h. If available then it is shown to you and you have to update it.
2. Why and where to install the Sage Connection Manager?
The Sage Connection Manager installs on each and every system in which Sage is installed. You can also install it on another system or server where you store your data of Sage software.
3. In which environment Sage connection manager is installed and update?
It is only be installed and update on the Windows Operating System environment. You cannot install it on any other operating system.
4. What if the Sage connection manager causes any issues in the update or other?
In the case of issues related to sage connection manager, you can reach the Sage customer helpdesk expert team. The team is here 24/7 hours to help you by assisting you in the best way. You get all the answers and solutions to your queries and problems in a short time period. As the expert team knows how to resolve these errors.