Do you wish to upgrade your QuickBooks Accounting Software Application, but don’t have an idea where to begin? Well, we can help you with the process of upgrading your QuickBooks software application.
This article attempts to explain to the readers the process of upgrading their QuickBooks accounting software application.
Before you decide to make any sort of changes in your existing edition of the QuickBooks software application, please take the advice of our Accountinghub QuickBooks tech support team of experts by calling on our tech support help desk number. It always better to seek the assistance of the professionals if you are in a state of confusion.
Besides this, we also recommend all the subscribed users of QuickBooks to take the backup copy of their business data before executing any modifications in the app.
How can you upgrade or transform your business data to the latest edition of the QuickBooks software?
Let’s have a glimpse at some of the simple steps to upgrade your software application. Here are the steps that you need to perform in the sequence as given below:
In case, you have just purchased the latest edition of QuickBooks Software, then you have to carry out the given steps so as to upgrade or transform your business file. Believe it or not, this whole process will be a piece of cake for you.
Important facts that you need to bear in mind before upgrading or transforming your business file:
- You can upgrade QuickBooks business files to the latest version provided you have the Admin rights to do so.
- We do not suggest you upgrade your business file over a network. If you are not self-assured please speak to the experts in this regards.
- Another important fact is that when you have completed the process of the upgrade or transformation of a business file you would not be able to access the preceding version. Hence, think carefully before making any such changes.
- Once you have upgraded or transformed the Pro/Premier version business files to Enterprise versions, then you would not be able to access your business files in the Pro/Premier edition.
- Enterprise business files are not compatible with the QuickBooks Enterprise Software application version and you won’t be able to convert or upgrade to another version.
- If you wish to have a seamless upgrade or transformation experience, then you need to re-establish and authenticate the reliability of the business file. If you run into any sort of issue during the process, make sure you connect with the experts immediately without wasting your time.
The process to upgrade or transform your business file to the latest edition:
- First of all, try to run the latest edition of QuickBooks Software.
- Navigate to the File menu, after this try to click on the Open or Restore Company option that you can find in the drop down list.
- Next, you have to open the business file and press on the Next button.
- Select your data file with the mouse and click on Open.
Note: In case, you see the Move Company File window on your computer screen, then perform the on-screen guidelines.
- Go through the information as given in the Update Company File that you can find on the Latest Edition pane. Mark the checkbox to indicate you completely get what is being mentioned there, and then click to Update Now.
- Carry out the guidelines so as to take the backup copy of the company file. Always write down the location of where you are saving the backup of your company file.
- When you try to open your company file in the latest version of QB… “Do you want to proceed?” will come on your screen, click on Yes.
- When you have upgraded your file, we recommend the following things:
- Keep the backup copy in the safe site till you don’t need it any longer.
- If you created a backup from some other machine, then keep a copy of the same in the machine it was originally created.
- Check whether the QuickBooks Payroll Software is also installed or not. If yes, then you need to check the payroll service. For this, you need to navigate to the Employees menu > click on My Payroll Service >after that click on Account/Billing Details.
Still, have some questions regarding how to upgrade your QuickBooks accounting software? Get all your answers simply by consulting our Accountinghub QuickBooks Support Team. Dial <+1844-313-4856> now!