In your QuickBooks Desktop account, if you are facing any problem related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Then you have to check for the cause and what it asks to fix it. Here in this article, you get to know about how to install and update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Also, you get to know what is its system requirements, how to set up a database server manager, how you can configure it, and many other things.
All the information is verified and checked by the QuickBooks team who is here to help you all the time by providing you solutions. you just have to know what solution you want to fix the error that you are facing. Before everything must check the system requirements that are required to download, install, and update it.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) is a type of database server that allows you to take access of the QuickBooks server for its users. While you are installing QuickBooks, you will have two options, either to simply install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or install the full Desktop program of QuickBooks. If the entire program is installed, DBDBSM opens automatically whereas if you have installed on database server manager, then you are required to start the program manually.
Table of Contents
What the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool can do?
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager has a vital role in QuickBooks software. It helps you in the following things or you can also say the uses of the tool are as follows:-
- Scanning the company files and folders
- It detects the new company file by investigating the local storage devices
- It is important for multi-user access.
What are the system requirements to install and update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
The system requirements for the database server manager that you must check and verify are as follows:-
- Hardware- Server RAM, 2.4 GHz, and 4 GB minimum required
- Operating System- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 of 64-bit, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Optical Drive- 4X DVD ROM drive for the installation
- Database Server Manager- Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 SP1, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
- Software Compatibility- The QuickBooks is compatible with many of the third-party applications.
This article attempts at highlighting installation procedure and updates for QBDBSM. Let us take a look at the procedure of installation and update:
Install QBDBSM on your PC
- Firstly, double-click on the install option of your QuickBooks and begin the Installation of the Wizard
- If your computer has Internet connectivity and able to download updates, then click on ‘Next’ option or else click the option ‘No’ and then continue
- Close all running programs and then click on the option ‘Next’
- Now, a window will appear.
- Once you agree to the conditions, you will be directed to another window and select Custom or Network options.
- Now, choose any type of installation. Select the ‘Yes’ option and allow access to the application.
- Now, enter the ‘License and Product Number’
Note: If you choose the second option of the installation, then you need not enter the license number and details.
- Once QuickBooks database server is successfully installed, set-up the Database Server Manager.
Update QBDBSM on your PC.
After you have successfully installed the QBDBSM on your PC, it is time to update the database server.It is extremely important to update the Database Server Manager periodically when a new year QuickBooks software is released and installed on the desktop. Let us follow the procedure to update:
- Update QuickBooks to the latest version
- Now, reboot the server after updates get completed
- You will receive a prompt message to create the backup that is essential to update and modify the database structure
- Once you complete the backup, follow the prompt message and then open the file accordingly.
Setup and use the QBDBSM
Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Go to the ‘Start’ button
- Click on the ‘Programs’option and then choose QuickBooks option
- Click on ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ and ‘Open’ the server
- Click on the ‘Scan’ Folders.
Note: Once you store all company files on the server, ensure that it is scanned properly, so that it can be easily configured and allowing other users to take access of these company files.
- Ensure, which folder contains QuickBooks Company Files. If you are not sure of the file, scan the entire disks.
- Choose Scan option and begin scanning of the company files.
- After the scan gets completed, the company files can be found in the scanned folder so that multiple users can access it.
How to Configure Database Server Manager?
You can configure it according to your requirements for using it. you can also do it when you don’t want to use the default settings of the server manager. Basically, you have to install it with the recommended one in which you won’t have to configure it. For configuration, you have to follow the steps below:-
- Initially, go to the search bar
- Then type the Services and open it from search results
- Now in the window of Services, click and open the QuickBooksDBXX
- In this, you have to click on the General tab
- Now search for the section of service status that it is running, stopper, or started
- Click on the Automatic option from the drop-down menu of startup type
- Select the option of Local system account in the Logon tab
- In the Recovery tab, click on the Restart service in all the menus name
- First failure
- Second Failure
- Subsequent Failure
- Again go to the General tab, click on the Start that restarts your service of Database Server Manager.
After downloading and updating QDDBSM, do not forget to restart your PC.
So, all the information for how to install and update the QuickBooks Database Manager. If you want to know what its uses are and how to configure it then it is also mentioned here. You are not going to face any problems and have to follow the solution steps to go with the flow. in case you have any queries then the team is here o help you. Reach the QuickBooks customer helpdesk to get the answers to all your glitches. They are experienced and available 24/7 hours.
FAQs Related for Install and Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. What if I am using more than 1 version of QuickBooks Desktop?
In this case, you have to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager for all the versions. Means install 1 for each version. That is the number of QuickBooks versions is equal to the number of QB Database Server Manager.
2. What are the uses of the QuickBooks database server manager?
a. It creates .ND files
b. In the case of multiple versions of QuickBooks, you have to install the database server manager in chronological order version.
3. Why repair the QuickBooks Database?
To repair it there are few steps to follow that are:-
a. In QuickBooks Desktop
b. Click on the File menu option
c. Further select Utilities option
d. From more options click on Rebuild Data
e. The QuickBooks information window opens up
f. Click the OK button and it starts the repairing process.
4. How to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the system?
It is easy to find and open the QuickBooks Database manager in your system. the steps are:
a. Go to the Start menu in your system
b. Search for the QuickBooks folder
c. In the folder, click on the Database Server Manager and open it.