With the changing technology, both large and medium-sized organizations are seeking Sage 50 software application to manage their business properly ensuring that you do not face any sort of issues. This accounting software has carved a niche in the industry by providing the best solution for issues which you might face while managing finance, payroll, HR, sales, etc. The user-friendly interface of this application helps in streamlining the work in a better way. However, any technical problem can cause difficulty for the subscribers to carry out their business operations. If you are encountering “Sage 50 error during installation or upgrade” owing to invalid serial number, then you should take help of sage technical support team to resolve the unknown technical glitch.
While writing this article, our main focus would be to discuss in details the prime reasons that trigger Sage 50 error when downloading updates and effective methods to troubleshoot and resolve the error.
Causes for Invalid Serial Number Entered during Sage 50 Installation or Upgrade Error
When a user tries to install or upgrade Sage 50 application, he/she might encounter an error message saying invalid activation key- Error message: ‘Sage 50 cannot find key code registered under the given serial number and Account ID’. The cause of this error can be the invalid serial number entered while downloading or upgrading the application. Let us take a look at the reasons of activation error:
- Invalid serial number entered during installation.
- Unknown account ID used.
- Attempting to activate older version.
- Trying to activate a different version of Sage 50.
- Security settings preventing Sage 50 during online activation
To get rid of the same issue, you must follow underlining steps or consult Accountinghub. The Sage technical support team will find an effective resolution for the problem and you would be able to effectively download updates with improved features.
Note: Always keep a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. You can seek the assistance of a qualified Sage technical support helpdesk team.
How to Resolve Sage 50 Error during Installation or Upgrade Error
To fix the error for an invalid serial number entered while installing or upgrading new version of Sage application. To resolve the issues, follow below-mentioned steps, which include:
Step 1: Verify the version of Sage 50 that is needed to be activated
- Go to the main window
- Click on the Help option
- A window will appear, check the version of Sage 50
- Take note of the program version, year and release
Note: If the program does not match with the version you want to activate, open the right program
- Install the right program.
- If the program is the right one, then go to Section IV.
Step 2: Ensure the serial number entered is correct
- Inspect the serial number before entering
- Verify the account ID
- If the details entered are correct then go to Step 4
- If the serial number is incorrect then follow Step 3
Step 3: Confirm the serial number from email communications sent by Sage Software
- Locate your email ID where serial number and the activation key is mailed
- Verify and enter the number accurately.
- Ensure that the setup wizard is for the correct version of Sage 50 being installed
- Confirm that right download link was used for downloading the installation file
Step 4: Activate the program manually
- Activate the program manually if you still encounter an error message
- Type accurate serial number while downloading the new version of Sage 50 or upgrading the application
Section 5: Contact Sage Support Service
If you are unable to resolve the error connect with Accountinghub experts to regenerate the activation key
Step 6: Restart your computer
- After installation, restart your PC
- Check whether Sage 50 is upgraded or not
- If not, reinstall Sage 50 again.
Contact for Sage 50 Technical Support Service
If you are still not able to resolve Sage 50 installation error, then it is advised to seek help from Accountinghub. You can get in touch with the Sage technical team on our helpline number. The Sage 50 technical support service is available round-the-clock. The tech support team will find an appropriate solution for any Sage related issues.