Many of the users are facing the issues of Invalid Serial number entered during the Sage 50 installation or upgrade. This encounters when the user limit is exceeded and you are trying to log in using the same serial number. To fix this you have to check for the limit of your serial number and also the login users using that serial number. Also, check that the serial number is activated for use and you have entered it correctly.
Here is the list of reasons that cause you this error in your account and also the solutions so that you can resolve it on your own. You have to follow the solutions to get it done one by one so that if any problem happens you know at which level the problem arrives.
Causes for Invalid Serial Number Entered during Sage 50 Installation or Upgrade Error
When a user tries to install or upgrade Sage 50 application, he/she might encounter an error message saying invalid activation key- Error message: ‘Sage 50 cannot find key code registered under the given serial number and Account ID’. The cause of this error can be the invalid serial number entered while downloading or upgrading the application. Let us take a look at the reasons of activation error:
- Invalid serial number entered during installation.
- Unknown account ID used.
- Attempting to activate older version.
- Trying to activate a different version of Sage 50.
- Security settings preventing Sage 50 during online activation
Note: Always keep a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. You can seek the assistance of a qualified Sage technical support helpdesk team.
How to Resolve Sage 50 Error during Installation or Upgrade Error
To fix the error for an invalid serial number entered while installing or upgrading new version of Sage application. To resolve the issues, follow below-mentioned steps, which include:
Step 1: Verify the version of Sage 50 that is needed to be activated
- Go to the main window
- Click on the Help option
- A window will appear, check the version of Sage 50
- Take note of the program version, year and release
Note: If the program does not match with the version you want to activate, open the right program
- Install the right program.
- If the program is the right one, then go to Section IV.
Step 2: Ensure the serial number entered is correct
- Inspect the serial number before entering
- Verify the account ID
- If the details entered are correct then go to Step 4
- If the serial number is incorrect then follow Step 3
Step 3: Confirm the serial number from email communications sent by Sage Software
- Locate your email ID where serial number and the activation key is mailed
- Verify and enter the number accurately.
- Ensure that the setup wizard is for the correct version of Sage 50 being installed
- Confirm that right download link was used for downloading the installation file
Step 4: Activate the program manually
- Activate the program manually if you still encounter an error message
- Type accurate serial number while downloading the new version of Sage 50 or upgrading the application
Section 5: Contact Sage Support Service
If you are unable to resolve the error connect with AccountingHub experts to regenerate the activation key
Step 6: Restart your computer
- After installation, restart your PC
- Check whether Sage 50 is upgraded or not
- If not, reinstall Sage 50 again.
Step 7- Confirm all the installs and the users working on it
Firstly, confirm the number of users who install the software and use the same license number
- Open the Sage software
- Click on the Help menu option
- Select the option About Sage 50 (XX) Edition (XX is the version of Sage 50 software)
- You have to select the Support info option
- Check and confirm users field has an accurate number
- After that, exit the window of support info
- If there are number of users value is not correct then
- Click on the Help menu
- further select Upgrade your Sage 50 product
- mention the Serial Number that is connected with the number of users
- Click on the OK button.
Secondly, check and confirm that the total number of installations have not to exceed
- Initially check that how many systems have the same software Sage 50 with the same version is installed
- If the number of licenses is exceeded then you have to uninstall the Sage 50 from the systems on which they are not required
- Also, uninstall and again install the Sage on required systems if already install on required systems
- In case you want an additional license then you have to connect with the helpdesk team.
The users of Sage 50 believes that they are actually connected
- Check the system that is currently connected to the data
- Click on the File menu
- Then select the Properties
- It shows you how many users are currently connected and also show you the system details
- You have to log off the users that should not connect to the data that helps you to drop the threshold of license
- After this, the user who wants to log in can log in again
- In case, if you see the user who is not log in actually and have logout everyone and also kills the MySql processes that are on the server.
In conclusion, you get all the information directly from the Sage professional team that is here to help you all around the clock. Using the information you can fix the Invalid Serial number entered during Sage 50 installation or upgrade. Connect with the team by just dialing the Sage customer helpdesk toll-free number . The team members provide you the best assistance in case you have further queries or issues.