There can be several reasons for migrating Sage 50 to a more supportive program like QuickBooks or robust ERP platform.
Sage 50 is a fantastic package but its suitable for entry level businesses. As the business grows, development puts undue pressure on the software making it essential to migrate to a more comprehensive, better-supporting program.
A growing business may require a dedicated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or a more intensive inventory management solution, timely payroll processing, a platform that supports a high number of multiple users or maybe some add-on solution that the other package may be able to handle more appropriately. In these cases, conversion proves fruitful and can give much better results with new and added functionalities.
Before Converting the Files Sage 50 to QuickBooks 2018
Before attempting conversion, have a backup of the files. After conversion and checks are done, if everything is working safely, the backed up data can be erased.
- QuickBooks naming is restricted to 41 characters, doesn’t allow one name to be used twice. Start renaming in sequence to make sure there is No automatic renaming, duplicate files or file deleted by mistake.
- Both Sage 50 and QuickBooks must be installed on the same computer locally. Similarly, all data files and other associated files should be on the same system.
Steps for Migrate Sage 50 to QuickBooks 2018
- A/P Vendors / A/R Customers and posted transactions
- Inventory items
- Job and other related transactions
- Payroll transactions
- G/L chart of accounts
For conversion of files, open the older software and download the conversion tool. The steps are as follows:
File Access To Sage 50 Software:
- Click on Sage 50 > Open the ‘Company File‘ to be converted
- Now, click on ‘Main’ > Go to Maintain > Users > Setup Security
- When the window opens, click Data Access OR Crystal Reports button
- Click on ‘the following login information’ >
- To alter the password Select Change > Close Sage
Download And Run Conversion Tool:
- Download QuickBooks conversion tool.exe from the website
- Right- click on the Conversion tool icon > Select Run as Administrator mode
Convert Sage 50 files to QuickBooks 2018 & 2019:
- Browse to Sage 50 files (Company and others) that are to be converted and click on the file
- On the DSN Setup window > Select your company name for ‘Database Name’ > click OK
- Enter the Password that’s set above > Click Next
- Select the version of QuickBooks when prompted, and the product you are converting to
- Browse to find your company > Click Next
- Specify the location where the file has to be saved > Click ‘Convert File‘ in the convert window
- After conversion, a prompt appears asking to ‘Open file’ in QuickBooks? Click Open and check if everything is converted correctly
- Conversion time will depend upon the file size and the network speed and may take a long time as lots of data needs to be processed.
- In certain cases, the QB total balance might not match the Peachtree. For such issues, you need to check the failed transaction log (for conversion)
- The incorrect sequence during migration may result in unaccustomed errors.
- There are many instances where the source file supported by Sage 50 containing transactions may not be supported in QuickBooks. This requires a workaround solution for importing such files.
- Businesses that use advance job work and inventory features need to manually adjust and convert files to match the unit supported in QuickBooks.
AccountingHub can make this transition smooth by following the right process required including taking all the safeguards and important backups of your company files that are essential during such a process.
We follow stringent industry-standard in migrating seamlessly from Sage 50/Peachtree to QuickBooks Premier, Pro, Accountant, Enterprise, or QuickBooks Online. We also audit the results closely to ensure all financial reports, important files are migrated to QuickBooks are in an exact match to the original Sage 50/Peachtree data.
Our ProAdvisor have years of experience handling issues and errors related to QuickBooks and we offer support across the US and Canada in a professional and timely manner.
Consult our QuickBooks expert before attempting a migration from Sage to QuickBooks. You can call AccountingHub tech support team on the toll-free 24*7 support number at and talk to our expert today.
You can also consult our advisor on the live chat support or write to us on [email protected] and one of our experts will answer the query with the right solution.