Are you planning to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks accounting software application and looking out for techniques for seamless transition? If yes, then you are reached the right place. We can help you in smooth migration of your company related data and other records from Sage 50 to QuickBooks.
This article aims to help the subscribed users of the Sage accounting software to migrate their company information and accounts to QuickBooks.
There is a free program known as QuickBooks Conversion Tool that can help you in the seamless import of business-related data, account balances, and all vital records from Sage 50 accounting software (formerly known as Peachtree) into QuickBooks Desktop application. Before we discuss the procedure of transition in detail, let’s try to learn more about this tool in a better way.
How does the QuickBooks Conversion Tool Work?
The QuickBooks Conversion Tool enables the users to easily convert their business data into a new QuickBooks business file. It encapsulates the present status of your business by importing main lists, balances, and other records from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop.
What this entire tool can transform:
- Main lists, balances, and other records
- Account Lists
- Employee Lists
- Item Lists
- Client Lists
- Merchant Lists
- Account balances
- Client transactions
- Merchant transactions
- Payroll data
- Employee List facts comprising touching base info and Social Security number
- Payroll General Ledger account balance figures
What all this tool cannot transform:
- Payroll data
- Paychecks (will be changed as journal entries)
- Employee Year-To-Date (YTD) data
- Payroll Items
- Discrete employee wage or deduction facts
- Other info that cannot be changed
- Fixed Asset items
- Work permits
- Secured or partially secured Trades Orders, Procurement Orders, and Estimations
Compatibility and System Requirements for the Conversion Tool
For an uncomplicated data conversion, you need to bear these facts in mind:
- Ensure Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop isset up locally in the same workstation.
- Ensure QuickBooks database and Sage 50’s affiliated files are kept locally in the workstation’s hard drive.
Conversion Tool System Requirements
For a seamless migration to QuickBooks, you need to meet the given minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7
- Processor:500 MHz Intel Pentium II
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard Drive:2.5 GB of free space
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 2.0
- QuickBooks Desktop: Pro, Enterprise Solutions 2015 or any other Advanced version
- Sage 50: Versions 2013 and beyond
Note: If you feel a bit confused, then consult our experts at our Accountinghub Sage 50 tech support helpline number.
Procedure to Convert your Sage 50 Data File
Let’s get started with the process of your migration company data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Allow data to access credentials.
- Firstly, open Sage 50, then the company file you want to convert.
- Open Main Menu > Maintain > Users >Format Security and press on the Data Access/Crystal Reports button.
- Press next to sign in the information
- Important: You cannot modify Peachtree in the ID tab.
- Create a new password by pressing on the Change tab.
- Once the password is created, exit from Sage 50.
Step 2: Install and run the Conversion Tool.
Ensure that the tool must run in compliance with Windows administrator rights for appropriate conversion.
- Install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Click right on it.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
Step 3: Look through and transform the data file.
- Go to the Sage 50 company file.
- When the Pervasive 32-bit ODBC machine DSN arrangement dialogue box appears, select your company name and press Ok.
- Fill in your password and press on Next.
- Choose the QuickBooks product you are transfiguring to, look through your company file and press on Next.
- Now, the Ready to Convert dialogue box will be prompted to display the conversion details. Press Convert File to initiate the conversion procedure.
- Once you hit the Convert File tab, the QuickBooks Conversion Tool will begin the procedure. The conversion of data will take some time so you need to stay patient in the meantime. Once completed, the process finished window will appear.
- Now, open the QuickBooks software.
- Verify to ensure everything finished appropriately.
Step 4: Authenticate the outcomes.
If you get a chance to catch missing transactions, then do look for same in the unsuccessful transaction log file to be found at: C:\USERS\THEUSERNAME\My Documents\QuickBooks Conversion Tool\
Contact for Sage 50 Help Desk Number
If you wish to make the transition process from Sage 50 accounting software to QuickBooks, feel free to speak to our knowledgeable experts of our Accountinghub Sage 50 technical support team at Sage helpdesk number 1 844 313 4856.