QuickBooks comes with the advance & great feature which fulfills the requirements of users in all aspects. However, being software it also throws some errors. “ QBCFMonitorService not running on the computer” is one of the common errors which might arise any time. QBCFMoniterService means QuickBooks Company file Monitoring Service. When there is an error with the QBCFMoniterService.exe QuickBooks monitoring service is being stopped. This file is one of the intact parts of the QuickBooks Desktop software. This issue may cause due to many reasons. This below mentioned article helps you to know about the reasons which made happen to this error and resolutions.
Table of Contents
Reasons for QBCFMonitorService not Running on this Computer Error
As mentioned above there could be many reasons for the QBCFMonitorService, let’s see the various reasons which lead to this error. QuickBooks company file monitoring service stops working when you try to access the company file.
- exe file might be corrupt because of virus or any malware
- Windows firewall is blocking QB from contacting with server
- Windows registry files faults lead to error in QBCFMoniter.exe file
- Any program installed on the computer might be clashing with QBCFMoniterService
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of QuickBooks Desktop also lead to QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer
- Suddenly QBCFMoniterService.exe file has been deleted by any program installed on the computer
Methods to Resolve the QBCFMonitorService not Running on the Computer Issue
After knowing the reasons you need to go through different troubleshooting methods which are mentioned below. But before you need to confirm that you have Backed up your data to prevent any data loss while processing the troubleshooting methods.
Method 1 – Manual Restart of QBCFMonitorService
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete which leads you to open the task manager
- After opening the task manager go to the Process tab
- Now right click on process QBCFMonitorService and click End to close the task
- For the Confirmation click Yes
- Finally try open the application once again
Method 2 – Performing a Full Malware scan on the computer
- After performing above method if still you see that service keeps stopping then you need to run a full scan for malware or virus. If a virus is found then remove the virus and restart the computer.
Method 3 – Manage settings of your Window Firewall
Your Windows firewall may block your QuickBooks communication with the server which also leads to QBCFMonitorService error. You can follow the below steps to do the modifications.
- Update your Firewall software
- QuickBooks needs to be added as an exception
- Check the ports which are required by QB to communicate are blocked or not
- If these are blocked open the ports which help to communicate with the server
Method 4 – Installing QuickBooks Database Manager Server update
In this step, you need to update the QuickBooks Database Server manager update which helps you to get rid of the QBCFMonitorService error.
- Open your QuickBooks to install the latest service release
- Go to Help tab >>> click update tab
- Now on the Update tab, check all the features
- Click on Get Updates and wait to get the application installed
- Once installation is done, click on workstation and server
Finally, check if the QBCFMonitorService error has been resolved or not.
Hopefully, the above article on “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer Error “ helped you a lot. If still you are looking for any assistance then feel free to dial +1844-313-4856 and get connected to the QuickBooks team. QuickBooks Helpdesk is available 24*7 to provide you a solution to wipe out your issues related to QuickBooks. All the QuickBooks experts are polite, professional, educated, trained, and have many years of experience which enhances the Quality of service. You can also live chat with our experienced QuickBooks or fill the contact form to get a call back from QB executives.