When user wants to share QuickBooks Access with others to log in to multiple accounts, there is a need to access QBDBMgrN. The situation arises when user tries to access multi-user mode.
This article will describe how to handle the QuickBooks Database Manager (Qbdbmgrn.exe) not running on the user’s computer.
The QBDBSM might have to be restarted for several error codes. Restarting must be done on the computer that hosts the company files, and this is generally the server.
When QB is installed, users can install only the QBDBSM or the entire QB Desktop program. If the full program is installed, when QB is opened, the QBDBSM starts automatically.
But if only the QBDBSM is installed, the program must be started manually.
When the full QB program is installed on the host or server
- First, QB must be opened on the server. Then, select Open Or Restore Company from File menu. Then, choose Open A Company File, followed by Next.
- Now, users must find the company file and select it. Then, they must choose the Open File In Multi-User Mode box and then select Open.
- Now, after logging into the company file with normal username and password, users must select File -> Close Company/Log Off to close the company file that’s on the server.
When only QBDBSM is installed on the host or server
These steps should also be taken if the previous solution didn’t work
First choose Windows Start and then Control Panel. Then, double-click on Administrative Tools, followed by double-clicking on Services.
Then, the required/correct data manager must be right-clicked:
- QuickBooksDB28(QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27(QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26(QuickBooks 2016)
Once this is done, users must choose Restart.
If QBDBSM doesn’t start
After rebooting the server, users must repeat the above steps based on their setup.
Table of Contents
Steps to fix QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer Error
1: Repairing QuickBooks For Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10
NOTE: Users shouldn’t be confused by references to the Installation Wizard, which in fact runs the repair.
- First, the computer must be restarted for closing all programs blocking QuickBooks. Next, the company file must be backed up.
- Then, choose Start, followed by Control Panel. In Windows 8 and 8.1, users must go to the Start menu, open Search and then type Control Panel and then choose Control Panel from the results.
- Next, choose Programs And Features and Uninstall A Program, if needed. If these options aren’t available, choose Programs, followed by Program Features.
- Next, QuickBooks must be chosen from the programs list, followed by choosing Uninstall/Change. Then, choose Continue, followed by Next. Now, choose Repair, followed by Next and wait till the repair is done.
- Once it’s done, choose Finish and restart the computer if there’s a prompt.
- Users must also download the current QB release and US customers must also download the current payroll tax table, when QB is opened.
Repairing QuickBooks errors
When the repair is going on, users might get error messages or a message that says “Files In use”. If such messages appear, the following must be done:
- First, choose Ignore (system must be rebooted) and then OK.
- Users might have to select Ignore many times; the repair must continue.
- If there’s no Ignore button, choose Close. Once the repair is over, the computer must be restarted.
2: Reinstalling QuickBooks using a clean install
Prior to uninstalling QuickBooks, users must have their QB Desktop download file or the installation CD and license numbers at hand.
- First, press Windows + R for opening the Run command and then type Control Panel and select OK.
- Next, select Programs And Features. In case Control Panel is in Category View, select Uninstall A Program.
- Then, from the list of programs, users must choose QuickBooks and then Uninstall/Change. Next, users must follow the prompts for completing the process.
- If there’s an error and QuickBooks can’t be uninstalled, users must take an IT expert’s help, as the operating system might be corrupted.
Renaming the Installation folders
The QuickBooks Clean install Tool can be used for renaming the folders. Alternatively, users can manually rename the installation folders.
Downloading and Running the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- After downloading the QuickBooks Clean Install.exe file, users must save it on their desktop.
- Then, QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe must be opened. Then , users must accept the license agreement and choose their QuickBooks version and then select Continue.
- Then, users must select OK when this message appears: “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.”
Renaming the installation folders manually
Windows Explorer must be used for displaying all hidden files and renaming all the folder locations that are listed for the given version of Windows. Ideally, users should add “old” or “damaged” to the end of a folder name. This will not let QuickBooks recognize the folder for creating a new folder.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Access denied while renaming folders
- After right-clicking on the Windows Task Bar, users must choose Task Manager.
- Then, under the Processes tab, users must select the Image Name column header for sorting the processes in an alphabetical order.
- Then, choose QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and select End Process.
- Next, users must select Yes when this message appears: “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability….”
- Once this is done, QuickBooks Desktop must be downloaded and installed.
QBDBMgrN.exe is a utility designed and set for multi-user mode. The utility is to ensure high performance and better stability of other computers with host computer.
Recommended Action: It is suggested that you run QuickBooks File Doctor. It is a diagnostic tool that helps you decide.
To get the resolution, you need to click on the test results: it will show the description of the result along with the resolution procedure.
The test results that come up:
- Hosting Mode – Off
- Folder’s Company File – Non-writable
- Folder’s Company File – Non-sharable
- No Network Connectivity
- Firewall/Antivirus blocking Connectivity
Infographic How to Fix QBDBMgrN Not running on This Computer
Embeded this Image on Your Site:
Note: copy above code press “Ctrl + C”
- Call us on our Technical Support Number 1844-313-4856
- Send us email on our Official Email ID
- Connect us via Live Chat Support