QuickBooks Error Code 502 – Bad Gateway Error
The error code 502 is the bad gateway error that happens into your QuickBooks account. This error is encountered by the user when there is the cache memory issue in the browser. So, to fix this user has to fix the cache memory of the browser that you are using. It causes a negative impact on the applications that are web-based. This also causes users a wrong response to the page that user is looking for. The page won’t load on the browser and shows error 504 on the screen.
What Is QuickBooks App 502 Bad Gateway Error?
The cache memory gets loaded automatically with the data of the web page that you visit. If the cache memory gets full automatically, it doesn’t let the software response and causes the Error Message 502.
Just clear the cache and the error message will automatically disappear. But sometimes, you may require additional troubleshooting steps to get the issue fixed.
Reasons Due To Which QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error Takes Place:
- The error might take place when payroll runs.
- When user logs-in to other online website or app.
- QuickBooks online desktop update
- View and download browser and forms.
Why Does QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error Occur?
- Cache memory is full.
- The browser doesn’t recognize Intuit as a trusted site.
- The browser settings show active scripting turned off.
Solve The QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error?
- Clear Cache and Cookies of the Browser
Browser – Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome browser. Now, you will see three dots at the top-right corner. Click on the dots.
- Now, you need to clear the browsing data. Click on Tools.
- Within the time-range drop-down, make sure that All-time is selected.
- Now, check your browsing history, site data and cookies. It must not be containing files and images also.
- Now, select the Clear Data button.
Browser – Firefox:
- You’ll see the three bars at the top-right corner. Now, click on options.
- Click on Security and Privacy tab and then click on the Cookies checkbox.
- Click on Clear.
Browser – Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer, the top of the windows show tools option. Click on internet options.
- Select the General tab and then select Delete.
- Mark cookies and temporary internet files checkboxes.
- Select the Delete button.
Now, Clear Cache From QB Online Desktop App:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then select the Help tab. Now, click on Reset App Data under the tab.
- Click on the Application to restart it. Check if the error is still in there or not.
Accountinghub For Anytime Assistance :
Here, you get to know that the main reason is the cache that you have to clear in the browser you are using. So, above you get the steps to clear cache of different browsers so that, you can do it easily on your own. Just follow the solution and you are done. Still, have some issues and queries then connect with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team. The team is here to help you all around the clock.
💠Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. How Can I Enable Active Scripting To Resolve The QuickBooks App 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Ans. Enable active scripting to resolve the QuickBooks app 502 bad gateway error steps :
✔ In QuickBooks, click on the Tools option
✔ Then click on the Internet Options
✔ Go to the Security tab
✔ Click on the icon of Internet
✔ Now, click on the Custom Level
✔ In the Active scripting option, click on the Enable option
✔ Click on the OK button then again click on OK button.
Q 2. How Can I Refresh The Page Of The Browser When Encountering The “QuickBooks App 502 Bad Gateway Error”?
Ans. To refresh the page you have to click on the F5 button from the keyboard that refreshes your web page. Or you can also go to the top of the web page on the left corner and click on the reload this page icon. By refreshing the webpage it helps in reloading the page and fixes the problem.
Q 3. How To Reset The Application Data To Fix The QuickBooks App 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Ans. Reset the application data to fix the QuickBooks app 502 bad gateway error:
✔ Click on the Help option
✔ Then you have to click on the Reset App Data
✔ After that, you are done with resetting the default settings of the application.