QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software and including all the features. Among all the features there is one of the best features that is QuickBooks Bank feeds. It helps to connect the bank account and credit cards to QuickBooks feed the transactions automatically to the banking center every day. You can easily check your transactions to the database easily. While working sometimes QuickBooks Bank feeds not working and it creates problems. The below article covers the information and causes QuickBooks Bank feeds not working and methods to fix this issue using various methods.
Main Causes for QuickBooks Bank Feeds not Working
QuickBooks Bank feeds sometimes do not work due to many reasons such as mentioned below.
- There can be synchronizing issues between QuickBooks and bank account.
- QuickBooks not supporting a specific bank account can also be an issue.
- It might be retrieving transactions for more than 90 days.
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Bank Feeds not Working Issue
You can easily sort out the QuickBooks Bank feeds not working issues using the below methods. Just go as per the below solutions step by step.
Solution 1 – Steps to Clear Files to Resolve the Bank Feeds
Firstly check if there is any notifications message in the bank account, only after then you need to clear the cache using the below steps.
- Go to Bank’s website
- Login using your username and password
- Once logged in go to options Transactions
- Check there should be no pending notification available
- If you find any notifications message, then you need to act upon it
- Now, log out of your bank’s account
- Click on your browser’s icon to open your browser on your computer
- Go to the top right-hand side three dots available
- Locate the Browser history and cache files
- Delete all the history and cache files
- Finally, try to open the bank feeds in QuickBooks.
- If Still having issues, go to the next method
Solution 2 – Open QuickBooks in Incognito Window
Sometimes bank feeds don’t work because of having some issues with the browser. To overcome this situation you can simply open your browser in an incognito window. The steps are mentioned below.
- For Safari browser click on File
- After that click on New Private Window
- For the Chrome browser, click on File >>> then go to New Incognito Window
- Try to log in to QB account
- Check if the bank feed is updated in QuickBooks
- If not go to the next method
Solution 3 – Steps to update Bank Sign-in details in QuickBooks
Sometimes users do change the bank account password but don’t update the same in QuickBooks, which can also be a big reason for QB Bank feeds not working issue.
At this step, you need to match the login details in QuickBooks through the following below-mentioned points.
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to Option Banking
- Click on Banking and then select the affected bank account
- Now, click the Edit option available adjacent to the bank account
- Click Edit Sign in info
- Update your bank account user name and password in the available field
- Once updated click Update Sign in info
- Once you click on Update sign-in info you will see a pop up “Credentials Have been updated”
- At last, click “I am done” and you are done
Check if the problem is resolved if not, go to the next method
Solution 4 – Disconnect and connect the bank account
- First Disconnect your bank account
- Now, open the QuickBooks software
- Go to Banking menu >>> click on Banking
- Click edit which is located adjacent to the bank name
- Locate option Edit Account info and click it
- Now, checkmark the box and showing Disconnect this account >>> click Save and Close
- Once the account is disconnected you need to reconnect the bank account
- To start with Login to a bank account
- Once logged in copy the web address available from top
- Open QuickBooks, go to Banking >>> Add Account
- Get the option of “Enter your Bank Name or URL box”, in this field paste the web address
- Click ok
- Try again opening Bank feeds if it is working or not
Solution 5 –Updating QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks software
- Go to Help
- Now select Update QuickBooks >>>> click on Yes option to perform automatic updates
- Finally Save and close
We hope that after following the above steps you are able to resolve the issue of “QuickBooks Bank Feeds not working”. If still you have any issues dial and get connected with the QuickBooks experts. QuickBooks Helpdesk is available 24*7 to provide you resolutions. QB team is professional, educated, trained, and has many years of experience in the same domain to provide you quality service. You can also email at [email protected] or fill the contact form to get a call back from a certified and dedicated team.