Like other online accounting software QuickBooks also has some error issues. QuickBooks crashes are one of the most issues you might be facing and there are so many reasons behind it. But in this blog, we talk about the “QuickBooks Crashes when exporting to excel” to fix this issue as soon as possible. This happens due to the presence of corrupted or damaged files. Before heading to resolve this issue, firstly you require to check your QuickBooks and MS-office to ensure the issue occurs and blocks the exporting process.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Crashes When Exporting To Excel:
When reports are being exported to Excel, QuickBooks crashes or stops responding. This could be due to the following:
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Office lack compatibility
- The QuickBooks/Office installation is damaged
- The report or data file has a problem.
Step to fix QuickBooks Crashes When Exporting To Excel:
Solution 1: Check compatibility of QuickBooks and MS Office:
The following are the system requirements for different QuickBooks versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
Solution 2: Updating QuickBooks to the current release:
Outdated versions create major problems and slow down the performance. To avoid these type of problems, make sure you update your QuickBooks to the latest version with the following steps:
- The initial step is to open the QuickBooks on your system
- Give a click at the main menu and then choose the “Update” option
- Follow the displayed guidelines until the program is not finished
- Make sure to create a stable internet connection before beginning the update process
- Once you have done, then again open your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved or not
Solution 3: Repairing QuickBooks:
Users should prepare the QuickBooks Desktop Installation CD before the repair process is started. If QuickBooks was purchased online or over the phone, the installer should be downloaded first.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
NOTE: Users shouldn’t be confused by references to the Installation Wizard, which actually performs the repair process.
- First, the computer must be restarted to close all programs blocking QuickBooks. Then, the company file must be backed up.
- Next, choose Start, followed by Control Panel. For Windows 8/8.1, in Start menu, select Search and type Control Panel. In the results, select Control Panel.
- Next, choose Programs and Features and then select Uninstall A Program, if needed. If these options aren’t seen, choose Programs -> Program Features.
- Then, choose QuickBooks from the list of programs and then Uninstall/Change. Then, choose Continue-> Next. Now, choose Repair -> Next and let the repair to be completed. Now, select Finish and restart computer if there’s a prompt.
- US users must also download the latest QuickBooks release and the latest payroll tax table when QuickBooks is opened.
If an error message, such as Files In Use, is seen during the repair, users must do the following:
- First choose Ignore (need to reboot) and then OK. Users might have to select Ignore many times; the repair process should go on.
- If there’s no Ignore button, choose Close. Once the repair is completed, restart the computer.
Solution 4: Verifying and rebuilding data in QuickBooks:
In this solution, the user has to run the “Verifying & Rebuilding” process. With the help of this, you can verify the data to find all corrupted or damaged files. Once you find the error, then you easily resolve it and resume your all functions. After this, the user has to run the Rebuild data again to check whether all damaged issues are fixed or not.
Point to be noted: Make sure, you run QuickBooks latest version and don’t give permission to run any application in the background before utilizing the tool for the QB crashes related error.
Solution 5: Repairing MS Office:
- In the first step, you have to restart the system
- Then, create the back up of your QuickBooks company file
- Hit the “Start” button and then choose the “Control Panel”
- From the drop-menu list, you have to choose the “Programs and Features”
- List of the programs will appear on your screen, choose the MS-office
- Then, click on the Change/Uninstall option and moving forward by hitting the click on the “Continue” button
- Then, choose the Repair option and click on the NEXT
- The process might take little time to complete
- Once the program is finished, hit the Finish button.
The above information concludes all solutions and reasons to fix the QuickBooks Crashes When exporting to excel in very little time. So, you can go back to your work again without any loss of your business data. For more queries, connect with QuickBooks Help desk. The team of QuickBooks Pro-Advisors resolves all QuickBooks-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. If your file registry doesn’t work accurately, then QuickBooks has no access to export to excel. There are so many reasons, due to which this error appears such as corrupted or damaged files. To avoid these types of errors, check and verify your company files timely.
Ans. Update your QuickBooks Desktop first. Then, you have to check the system requirements for QuickBooks (The current version you are used). Ensure about the MS-office needs repairing and toggle the window user account controls. At last, you have to re-install the QuickBooks Desktop.
Ans. Hit the click on the “Start” and drop your next click on the “Control Panel” option. The next thing you have to do to choose the Programs section. Hit the next click on the “Programs and Features” From the available preferences, hit double-click on the Ms-office application that you want to delete. After this, hit the uninstall and you are all done.