The QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) is a functionality that is accountable for generation of the Network Data files for any business files saved on the host PC. It empowers the users of software application to configure the QuickBooks Server for multiple users’ right to use. However, this utility of the accounting software application sometimes ceases to perform smoothly.
There can be numerous reasons why the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on the respective server/PC hosting the QuickBooks business files. You can fix QB database issue by reaching out to our AccountingHub QuickBooks helpdesk number.
Let’s take a moment to understand what is QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and its primary utilities before we discuss the steps to resolve the issues related to this server.
As we mentioned before, QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps you to make use of the multi-user right to access. Usually, the network database server which hosts your QuickBooks business files does not run as part of mundane server processes. This is to some degree is not unusual when the server has to be restarted time and again at the time of an impromptu activity or when you are installing server update to the operating system. In such scenarios, you just need to follow the mentioned below troubleshooting steps to ensure your QuickBooks Database Server Manager is running smoothly.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Database Server Manager Issues
For whatever type of error codes you get, you have to reboot the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Rebooting the server manager on the computer that is presenting your company files has to be done. At the time of QuickBooks installation, you do get the choice to install just the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or the complete QB program. If you choose to install the complete, then while launching QB automatically initiates the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If only the server manager is downloaded, then you may have to yourself initiate the program.
In case you have set up the complete QuickBooks program on the host computer or the respective server:
- To start with, you need to click on the QuickBooks that is present on the server.
- Next, you need to go to the File menu, and then select Open or Restore Company.
- After this, click on Open a company file and after that click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to search for your company file and after that click on the same.
- Again click on the Open file in multiple user mode checkboxes and after that select Open.
- Sign into the company file with your username and password.
- Lastly, you need to first Select File > then Exit Company/Sign out in order to exit from the company file on the respective server.
In case you have set up only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is on the host system or server:
The following steps could be helpful provided you only have set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the respective server or in case the preceding method did not at prove to be helpful in fixing the problem you are encountering:
- First and the foremost thing that you need to do is select the Windows Start and after that click on the Control Panel option.
- Now, you need to click twice on the Administrative Tools.
- After this, you have to again click twice on Services option.
- Next, you need to do right click on the suitable data manager as mentioned against each QB version:
- QuickBooks 2018- QuickBooks DB28
- QuickBooks 2017- QuickBooks DB27
- QuickBooks 2016- QuickBooks DB26
- QuickBooks 2015- QuickBooks DB25
- Last, but not the least you need to make sure that you reboot in the end.
In case, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not opening when you are trying to start:
- First and the foremost thing that you need to do is reboot your server and again carry out the preceding steps depending on your arrangement.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not still launching even after you have restarted the server, then try to carry out the following steps:
- Here, you need to quickly overhaul the QuickBooks software application
- Secondly, you can even try to install the software application with use of a clean install
Our QuickBooks Technical Support team
Have you spared no effort to resolve the QuickBooks Database Server Manager related issues and still not successful doing the same? Is your business operation getting hampered due to the sudden stopping of QuickBooks Database Server Manager? If yes, then you have to come across the right place. We are one of the leading QuickBooks tech support providers and are there round the clock to answer all your queries. So feel free to call us toll-free on ++1844-313-4856.