Sometimes, when you update your QuickBooks software then some of the files do not support that version or not compatible with that update. So, you are not able to work with that report. For this, you have to apply some solutions according to the cause so that you can fix it and then start your working.
- UK Standard Balance Sheet
- UK Balance Sheet Detail
- UK Balance Sheet Summary
- UK Balance Sheet Prev Year Comparison
- Payroll Liablities (P32)
- VAT 100 Report
- Unassigned VAT Amounts Detail Report
- VAT Item Summary
- VAT Detail Report
- VAT Exception Report
- EC Sales List
- Reverse Charge List
You May Also Read: Unable to Run QuickBooks Payroll Updates
Table of Contents
Export Option for Reports CSV file
It might happen that the export options for Excel aren’t available (grayed out) in QuickBooks and the only available option is to export a comma separated values (.csv) file. This could be caused by the following:
- Excel hasn’t been exported on the computer
- Excel has been installed across a network
- There’s damage in the local installation of Excel
NOTE: Before trying to solve the problem, the following should be done:
- Users must have an updated version of QuickBooks. If users are unable to export to Excel despite having and updated QuickBooks, they should try repairing QuickBooks.
Repairing QuickBooks in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
NOTE:Users must not be confused by any reference to the Installation Wizard, which actually runs the repair.
- First, the computer must be restarted for closing any program blocking QuickBooks. Then, the company file must be backe up.
- Then, choose Start, followed by Control Panel. In Windows 8/8.1, first open Search in the Start menu and type “Control Panel” and then choose Control Panel in the results.
- Next, choose Programs And Features and Uninstall A Program if needed. If these options aren’t available choose Programs and then Program Features.
- Then, choose QuickBooks from the programs list and then Uninstall/Change. Then, choose Continue, followed by Next.
- Next, choose Repair, followed by Next. Once the repair is completed, select Finish and if there’s a prompt, the computer must be restarted.
- United States users must also download the current QuickBooks release and the current payroll tax table after opening QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Repairing Errors
During repair, an error message or “Files in Use” message might appear. If either message appears: users must choose Ignore (must reboot system) and then choose OK. Users might have to choose Ignore many times; the repair would continue.
If there’s no Ignore button, choose Close and once the Repair is completed, the computer must be rebooted.
- The problem could be resolved by installing a compatible MS Office version on the computer or running Detect And Repair for MS Office. If the latter doesn’t work, users must try uninstalling and reinstalling Excel.
Toggling the Windows User Account Control (UAC)
- First UAC must be turned off. To do this in Windows 7, 8 and 10, users must press the Windows Start button and then type “Control Panel” in the search box and then hit Enter.
- Next, select the View By drop-down menu and then choose Large Icons. Then, choose User Accounts, followed by Change User Account Control Settings. Now the slider must be moved to Never Notify, followed by choosing OK.
- For turning off UAC in Vista users must press the Windows Start button and then choose Control Panel. If it isn’t selected, users must select Classic View to the left section of the window. Next, users must double-click on User Accounts and then choose to Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Next, users must choose or clear UAC for protecting the computer and then select OK.
- Once the UAC setting are changed, the computer must be restarted. Then, QuickBooks must be restarted and a company file opened. Then, users must choose a report in Reports.
- In the chosen report, the Export button must be selected. This should make available all export options, including Excel.
You have to follow the methods to resolve QuickBooks does not support updates for this type of report. By using this, you get this issue resolved. Still, if you are getting any issues or errors then you can reach the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team to get all the solutions to your queries. The members of the team are here 24/7 hours to help you out by providing you the best assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions for QuickBooks Does Not Support Updates for This Type Of Report
1. Can I reinstall the software to fix the QuickBooks not supporting updates?
Yes, you can also try reinstalling your QuickBooks. As this many times help in fixing the problem. Be careful that you reinstall it properly and completely and then check for the report again that it supports or not.
2. How can I uninstall the QuickBooks software to repair the problem of not supporting the report?
To uninstall the software in your system you have to follow these steps:-
a. In your system, open the Control Panel
b. Then click on the program in the window of Control Panel
c. Again, click on the option Programs
d. A list of programs opens up in front of you
e. From the list, select the QuickBooks and then right-click on it
f. Now from options, click on the uninstall
g. The uninstall wizard opens up and follow the steps as instructed to you
h. You are done with the uninstallation of the software.
3. How can I update before starting the Solution?
You can simply update it from the software itself. For this, you have to click on the Help menu option then further click on the Update QuickBooks to update your current version of QuickBooks.
4. How to update Microsoft Excel to make it supported by QuickBooks Desktop?
The update of MS Excel is done easily within your application. The steps are as follows:-
a. Open the Microsoft Excel in your system
b. Click on the File menu option then select the Office Account
c. Click on the Update options and click on the Update Now
d. After updating, restart your system
e. Now try to work with the report to know that it supports or not.