QuickBooks Error 1612 is a common error caused due to various reason and damage to QuickBooks software. Although, QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software with outstanding functionality & features, at times QuickBooks users encounter some challenging issue such as Error 1612.
QuickBooks Error 1612 is one of the most common errors encountered by QuickBooks users when trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop. The update stops suddenly with an error code message displaying on the screen. This error can appear at any time and can be very irritating. In such a situation, Accounting Hub’s QuickBooks expert actively supports the QuickBooks user to fix the error effortlessly.
Major Causes of QuickBooks Error code 1612
- Damage or incomplete installation process
- Unauthorized or Invalid Windows registry
- Malware or Virus attack on some essential files
- The computer wasn’t properly shut down
- Some essential files were mistakenly deleted
- QuickBooks business files got corrupted
Methods of fix the QuickBooks Error 1612
The QuickBooks Error 1612 can be resolved easily by performing the given guidelines below. However, before following the steps, it is highly recommended to update the latest version of QuickBooks Accounting software. If the error still continues, then follow the steps mentioned below:
Solution 1: Resetting the Patch
- Re-download the patch, if the software, doesn’t work at once
- Access the Share Download Folder alternative and shut down all the running program in the window
- Press on OFF and then click Save
- Once you are done, repeat the steps 1-3 again
- If the steps don’t resolve then repair the installation process;
- Click to Control Panel
- Go to the Remove/Add Program
- Choose QuickBooks software from the list and then select on Change/Uninstall
- From the QuickBooks software installation window, select Repair
- Follow the driven steps and execute the process properly.
- Restart your system, once the process finishes,
Solution 2: Scan QuickBooks with System File Checker
- Go to the Start button
- Click on command option in the search box
- Press & hold the CTRL-Shift key, and then press ENTER
- Click Yes on the permission dialog box
- A box will appear with a cursor blinking
- Type “sfc /scannow” and Click ENTER
- System File Checker starts scanning automatically to fix Error 1612 and other problems.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click OKAY
Solution 3: Uninstall the Error 1612 related program
- Go to Start button> Open Programs and then click Features
- Click to Control Panel on the right menu
- Select Programs and then Features
- Locate the Windows Installer Error 1612 related program such as Windows Installer within the Name column
- Click the Uninstall button, on the top menu
- Follow the on-screen commands to finish the un-installation process of associated program
Get Contact service for QuickBooks Error 1612
If the error still continues then start windows in safe mode and then update/install QuickBooks software to scan. We assure that the steps above will easily resolve the QuickBooks error 1612. However, you can avail contact support if the error persists and need additional information. The certified professionals are readily available for 24×7 to provide the required solution and explanation to fix the error.