This article provides solutions to the QuickBooks error 3371. Error 3371 occurs while opening QuickBooks is opened. Then, this message is displayed on the screen:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- Some component/file that’s needed by QuickBooks for functioning is damaged or missing:
QB registration.dat: This is a QuickBooks installation file that contains license information related to QuickBooks. Once QuickBooks is active, the license information has to be recovered and validated. If the file is damaged, QuickBooks won’t work.
MSXML component: QB needs this Microsoft component for running successfully. Using this component, QuickBooks can recover the information located in the QBregistration.dat file, which lets QuickBooks open.
- The operating system is not updated or the anti-virus is not allowing access to some QuickBooks files.
- The file is being opened before saving it. The QBO file has to be saved before importing it.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- First, users must install the current updates of Windows. If this isn’t done, the QuickBooks installation could fail or be damaged.
- Users must click on the Windows logo, and then select All Programs, followed by Windows Update. After the installation of updates, users must install QuickBooks.
Now, users must complete these steps in the order shown:
NOTE: If the problem can be fixed with the first solution, the other steps can be skipped.
The Damaged Entitlement datastore.Ecml File Must Be Recreated To Fix License And Registration Errors
- First QB and all its running processes must be closed.
- Next, users must press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- In Windows 10, users have to choose More Details for the Task Manager to open. Next, users must select the Processes tab, followed by the Process Name header in order to sort the processes in an alphabetical sequence.
- Now, users must find all QBW32.EXE files and then select End Task.
- Following this, users must open the entitlement data folder for the operating system and QuickBooks version.
- Next, users must press Windows + R, which will open the Run window and there they must type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” and then press Enter. The folder’s location is same for all editions of QB Desktop and Enterprise.
- Then, users must right-click the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file and then select Delete. Following this, users must select Yes to confirm that the file is to be deleted.
- Next, users must open the company file, and then follow the instructions
Fixing Microsoft .Net Framework, Msxml And C++ Problems With QB Install Diagnostic Tool
NOTE: Once the tool has been run, QuickBooks might have to be re-registered or reactivated. If users can’t complete these steps, or an error occurs during installation of Windows updates, an IT expert must be hired to fix the problems.
1: Running QuickBooks Install Tool
- Once the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool has been downloaded,users must save it on the desktop, when there’s a prompt. After closing all open programs, the QB Install Tool must be run. The process should be completed in about 20 minutes.
- Once the QB Install tool has been run, users must reboot their computers, in order to properly update the components.
2: Downloading Updates for Windows
- Once the Windows updates have been downloaded, all missing improvements related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues will be installed.
- In case Windows operating system is out of date, QuickBooks might not install or open properly. Users can access Windows updates by pressing the Windows key and entering“Windows Updates” in the search field. After installation of the updates, users must reboot their computers. Following this, users must reopen QuickBooks to see if the problem has been resolved.
3: Fixing QB and Microsoft Components Problems Manually
In case the problem isn’t solved by the QBInstalltool, users must hire an expert to fix QuickBooks and Microsoft component problems.
4: Installing/Uninstalling QB via Selective Startup
If the problem persists when QB is installed, or attempting any of the given solutions, the problem could be due to some issue with the computer or the operating system.
Finally QB Should Be Reinstalled
Some of the steps haven’t been elaborated due to space constraints. To know more about these steps and any other issue, please call our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline +1844-313-4856.