When you are trying to activate or open your QuickBooks accounting software application, you are getting the following error notification:
Could not reset license properties! [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not upload the license information. This may be instigated by lost or impaired files.
If yes, then you have been experiencing one of the most common errors of QuickBooks Desktop that transpires due to some technical glitches either with your operating system or network which needs immediate resolution.
Causes of the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 could be:
- Outmoded Windows operating system or anti-virus software that isolates some QB files.
- A module or file required by QB Desktop to run is impaired or lost.
- dat – A QB Desktop installation file that encompassesQBlicense related details. On every occasionQB Desktop turns active, the license detailsneed to be reclaimed and authenticated. If this file is impaired, the software will not run.
- MSXML module -It is anMSmodulethat is requested by QB software to run. This moduleenables thesoftware torepossess the details in the Qbregistration.dat file thereby enabling QB to run.
- Correct Networks and QB Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may even encounter this problem provided you are trying to open the file without saving the same first. Hence, make sure you first save.QBO file before you to try to import it.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
To fix the this issue, perform these steps as cited below.
Option 1: Re-generate impaired Entitlement DataStore.ecml file to fix the license and registration related problem
- First of all, exit from the QuickBooks Software.
- Confirm that all QuickBooks procedures are not running.
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys all in one go. When you will do so, it will open the Task Manager.The Windows 10 users need to: Select the More Details to display Task Manager
- Click on the Processes button.
- Make sure you sortall the processes alphabetically simply by choosing the Process Name title.
- Look for all instances with extension QBW32.EXE and choose to End Task.
- Click on the entitlement information folder of your operating system and the newest QB version.
- Hold Windows+R keys together which will open the Run command.
- Fill in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Customer\vX (orvx) where Vx stands for the version and hit on the Enter button.
- Do right-click on the file with name Entitlement Data Store .ecml and choose to Remove.
- Click on the Yes option to agree that you wish to remove the file.
- Click on your company file and carry on with the guidelines to record the application.
Option 2: Resolve the Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ glitches with use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- When requested, save the file on your Desktop.
- Exit from any running program and after that only click on run the QBInstall tool.
Note: It takes approximately 20 minutes to finish the process depending on the speed of the Internet and overall PC performance.
- Reboot your machine after running the tool to make sure the modules are correctly updated.
- Download Windows latest updates.
- When you will download the latest updates, all the missing enhancements relating to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ problems will get installed automatically.
- Once the installation gets over, reboot your machine and open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the issue still persists or not.
- Resolve the glitches with QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft modules manually.
If QBInstall does not solve your issue, the next possible thing that you can try is to resolve the Windows modules manually. Please bear in mind that this procedure does require advanced knowledge about the operating system. You must take the advice of the IT experts who can help you with the following:
- Repair or again install Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
Reinstall QuickBooks using a Clean Install Tool
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks software app
- Retitle the installation folder
- Download and run QB clean install tool
- Manually give a new name to the QB Desktop installation folder
- Again install the program on your computer.
If you are still receiving the same error message even after performing the steps as mentioned in this article, you need to contact our Accountinghub QuickBooks technical support team at .