QuickBooks Error 6000, -301 occurs when accessing the business file in QuickBooks accounting software. This error can be caused by various defect and damages to QuickBooks desktop. QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 encounters while attempting to use a desktop company file. This could be either resolved by fixing manually with guidance received from QuickBooks experts or availing contact support from the specialist. If the error continues after performing the troubleshooting step, it is recommended to consult the experts; they are trained in the following field of the subject to provide suitable solution and instructions.
Major reason for QuickBooks error 6000 301
QuickBooks error code 6000 301 can be the result of one of the following causes:
- One or more QuickBooks Support Files are corrupted
- QuickBooks user trying to start a QuickBooks Desktop company file (.qbw) that is located in the hard disk or the local hard disk of a server accessing the QuickBooks Server Manager
- the company file (.qbw) is corrupted
- Encryption software installed where the business file is stored on the hard disk
- If the error 6000 301 encounters while attempting to reinstate a backup, the media may be corrupted. Create a new backup or make another backup if necessary and try again.
- If QuickBooks software users are working in company files on other computers that are stored on the system leaving an error message, then ensure to close their company files temporarily and then try opening the company file or restore the backup
- If you find a fresh backup and can access it successfully, run the validate Data utility to verify for data corruption. In case, the validate Data utility fails, then start the Rebuild Data utility to fix any harm in the company file.
- If you identify that the QuickBooks Desktop company file is damaged beyond restore, or don’t have any backup file, then view Intuit Data Recovery to fix the issue.
Troubleshooting step for fixing QuickBooks error 6000 301
Step I: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
Update the QuickBooks Desktop software to the latest release to resolve the issue. However, the error continues, follow the next step.
Step II: Rename the QuickBooks Desktop support files
- Open the folder that includes your company file.
- Search the company files with a similar name as the QuickBooks company file with extensions .nd, .tlg, and .dsn.
- Right-click on each company files and chooses to rename, and then enter .OLD to each of them.
Note: These files are recreated automatically by QuickBooks.
Step III: Disable encryption software
It is not suggested encrypting your company file using the 3rd party encryption software. Consult with your vendor of encryption software for comprehensive instructions on steps to disable it.
Still struggling to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301?
In case, the QuickBooks 6000 301 Error still persists then immediately connect with the QuickBooks support team. They assure to rectify the cause of the error and deliver a suitable solution to resolve the issue along to required guidance. The certified QuickBooks specialist has years of experience in tacking with such problematic error and are readily available for 24×7.