QuickBooks Error 6189 is actually a Run-time Error. The error usually takes place when the user tries to open or access the company file. It means that the user is not able to access the file which the user is trying to access.
Here are a few details that the error, in its message form, comprises the following causes. Still, it becomes very difficult for the user to locate the real cause of the 6189 error.
Causes due to which QuickBooks Error 6189
- When the QB file is already being used by the user and another user tries to open the company file.
- Corrupt download and the installation is incomplete causes the error.
- When the user is not able to access the folder or file which doesn’t contain read/write permission.
- Unfinished or incorrect installation of QuickBooks that may be due to the error in the Windows registry.
- A virus or malware in the Windows framework results in the corrupted program files in the system escalates the issue.
- Corrupted Windows registry as there can be a possible cause due to Windows registry.
- If the software doesn’t recognize the difference between .QBW file (Organization Document) or .TLG (Exchange Log) file
- If any user sign-ins in Single User Mode from the organization.
- If the user is using any pirated or old copy of the Windows, the error can take place.
- If any driver has been deleted accidentally by the user which is specifically required to run the software.
Use Solution Method for fix QuickBooks Error 6189
Reboot/restart your computer:
- “Reboot” the computer which contains QuickBooks software in it.
- Now, locate where you have kept a copy of the original data into your computer.
- If the error is still on your computer, try to restart the computer.
- Use QuickBooks Database Manager to re-start the installation of QuickBooks.
- You are not required to enter any additional license just to proceed the above-mentioned step.
- Once the installation completes, restart your server. The issue will now be resolved.
Locate the folder where you have saved the QuickBooks Data File:
- Make sure that QBW should not be there in any external drive or removable drive.
- If you use any online drive to take backup of the QuickBooks Data, the problem might continue.
- To avoid the issue mentioned above, click on Save on the installed QuickBooks Software.
For further information and solution, you can easily connect with our refined QuickBooks Technical Support Solution that can look into the solution and provide you with all necessary solution inputs so that the error can be resolved. Connect with our team via our Official Email Id firstname.lastname@example.org or we are also available through Toll-Free Number 1844-313-4856. If you can get connected with us via QuickBooks Live Chat Support, it is available with us through our website.