QuickBooks Error Code 6129 error message pops-up when either the user tries to access the company file or the database connection fails. Once the error message pops-up, the company records don’t remain accessible anymore.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6129
- If the latest QuickBooks version is not available in all the systems with multi-user configuration.
- When QuickBooks tries to access the data file over the corrupted network.
- The mismatch between the server and the client domain.
- Corrupted or Damaged QuickBooks installation file.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error -6129
There are 5 solution steps based on the type of issue that has occurred in your software. We are detailing some of the solutions that can help you fix the issue. Before that, you need to make sure that all the systems have the latest QuickBooks versions installed in it.
Method #1: Log-in to your computer with Admin credentials:
- First, try to open if only that particular company file is not opening or no company file is opening.
- If it is required to update the company file, go for it. If you are unable to log-in with Admin rights, better get assistance from IT expert or any professional.
Method #2: An easy method that you can apply irrespective of the cause:
- Click on the Leave button for Easy-Step Interview.
- Here, you will see the message “Save the File” and then select the yes button.
- Now, enter the file name and then select the save button.
Method #3: Disable any security software on antivirus if you have logged-in the save mode:
- Use Safe Mode to restart your system.
- Now, make sure that the anti-virus is properly disabled.
- Here, it is important to create a new company file:
- Now, use normal mode to restart your system.
- Open QuickBooks and then go to your company file.
- Check whether you can access it or not.
Method #4: Rename QuickBooks (.ND) File:
- Go to your system hard drive and then rename your .ND file in QuickBooks.
- Go to .ND file, right click on it and then select the rename option.
- At the end of the file name, type .OLD and then click on Enter.
- The next step is to make the same company/data file accessible on multiple systems.
- Go to the Start button, click on Program → Click on QuickBooks → QuickBooks DBMS (Database Server Manager).
- Now, click on the Scan Folder tab.
- If the folder doesn’t contain any company file, select the Add Folder option into it.
- Click on the Scan option.
- Now, wait for the scan to complete and then select the Close option.
- Now, check whether you are able to open the company file or not.
Method #5: Move the company file to another folder (New folder)
- Make a new folder and then move the company file to that folder.
- If you are able to use QB Company file on one system, you will be able to access it from a new folder also.
- Follow the next step for the same file on multiple computers.
- Go to the Start button → click on Windows and then click on Program → QuickBooks → QB DBMS.
- Click on the Scan Now.
- Add a new folder for no folder contains the data/company file.
- Select the scan option.
- Wait for the scan to complete and then open QuickBooks.
- Call us on our Toll-Free Number
- Connect with us via QuickBooks Live Chat Support.
- Official Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org