You are stuck in the situation when you are not able to open/access the company file and you may get the QuickBooks error 6150. Here starts your work for the first step and the step to understand symptoms of errors to define the real cause of errors. The QuickBooks Error 6150 comes up when user tries to create, open and use the company file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Your system may frequently while running the same program.
- When it pops up, it crashes the window program.
- Your system may also slow down or may also respond late to the command.
- QuickBooks Error 6150 pops up.
- The system may hang for few seconds to minutes.
The error code usually appears at the time of installation, running the installation program while restarting or shutting down of the windows. You need to notice the symptoms of the error and how it happened into your system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Files related to QuickBooks are mistakenly or maliciously deleted or made corrupt by other program (s).
- Damaged, Destroyed or Incomplete QuickBooks Software.
- Malware or virus that corrupts windows system file.
The reason behind the occurrence of the error is that the file you are trying to access is on a damaged platform. The same error can also occur when you try to restore data from a corrupted drive. There are few other error codes that can come under QuickBooks error 6150.
- QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Company file is corrupt and you were attempting to backup.
- QB Company file extension was the wrong type.
- Attempting to open a portable file but QB fails to open.
Steps for Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
- Change QuickBooks File Location
- Find the file extension .QBW.
- Now, open the folder that contains data/company file.
- Paste the file onto the desktop.
- Now, move the existing data/company file on to the desktop.
- Long press the control key, launch QuickBooks and guide you to the no company window.
- If the error still occurs, follow the instruction number two.
- Try to open a sample of the company file to ensure that there is no issue with the company file.
- If you see an error in the sample company file at the time of opening, it indicates that the installation file is damaged.
- Use a copy of Auto Data Recovery
- Take a back-up of data recovery
- Take the error every time. Doing it so will help you when the error occurs into your system and your run Auto Data Recovery and when you restore, it may cause issue to your data.